• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Labyrinth Lord - Advanced Edition Companion

Treebore

First Post
Yeah, that is very cool of him to offer such a version so I can know if I am interested enough by its contents to know if I really want a print version. I love these kinds of "previews"!

Goblinoid Games

First Post
Thanks for the kind words! I'm very proud of how this book turned out. The core rules are great on their own, but the whole potential scope of the game changes when you add the Advanced Edition Companion. It makes it an easy transition to first edition gaming.

JeffB

Legend
I really like the take on it - that is, making it effectively a basic/AD&D mash-up :D

I as well- since this is pretty much how I've always played D&D since the beginning (first the LBBs with some AD&D stuff thrown in, later the Moldvay/Cook/Marsh rules with some AD&D stuff thrown in). I enjoy 4E now too, but when I run the older games- it's back to that MMC + AD&D formula (though now- with the amount of OSR material available expanding M/C/M- like "The Companion Expansion" or systems like BFRPG, the AD&D part is not really necc)

Looking fwd to getting this in print!

S'mon

Legend
I tried to reply yesterday, but my post got eaten. :( Anyway, great work Dan! This should come in very handy indeed when I restart my LL campaigns in a few months. I love how you bring in elements of AD&D's breadth and complexity while maintaining full compatibility with existing LL. Setting Hit Dice according to LL norms while including an optional "Advanced Hit Dice" table was a simple idea that approaches a work of genius, IMO. :)

Remove ads