• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter VIII

Wilphe

Adventurer
Laurent moves foward to set up a better shot, the better to shoot the spellcaster, or anybody else or rush foward to rescue anybody, and begins to recite:

"I am a free man, one who farms as he wishes on land he holds freely,
"My father's father carved this homestead out of the frontier,"
"Braving orcs and goblins and without the help of any lord or knight."
"Did your Lord set his back to the plough or help deliver us a calf?"
"No? Then your Lord is not my Lord. What use is he to me?"

Part of his mind (about 68%) of thinking that he should get Calenthang out of there, but only part, about 2% is thinking that Calenthang is currently stood between him and some rampaging ogres, 20% is thinking that Calenthang should be able to shake that spell off and another 10% is that the elf is a tough cookie not in need of rescuing just yet.

OOC:
[sblock]If not within 30', move foward so he is.
Inspire Courage +1
+1 Attacks & Weapon damage rolls
+1 v Charm & Fear[/sblock]

Last edited:

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang grins as he waits for the trapdoor to open and reveal his foes. He brings his blade down hard, hoping to split the skull of one of the ogres, but is denied the chance to his chagrin. He stumbles back a few steps as the other ogre slams a small tree into his chest; and just as he composes himself, he realizes he can't move, much less retaliate. All he can do is let out a feral growl that sounds more like an anguished moan as it escapes his entrapped throat.
His face set in a grimace, Calenthang stares down the evil priest and focuses every constrained muscle, every ounce of Will left, to cutting the man's neck open.

[sblock=OOC]He's gonna get a Teleri Complex :D
I think the party will do fine without the tank for once...[/sblock]

kirinke

First Post
ooc:
You try imagining how you'd feel imprisioned in your own body while somebody uses it like a muppet for a few days. Then transposing that to someone who is chaotic and upholds the values of freedom and good above all else. That's what I did with Teleri and having to deal with the aftermath of such. :] Mebbe if they all survive this, Calenthang will be a little bit more sympathetic towards the girl.

BTW, I checked Teleri's spells and sorry, she doesn't have any dispel magicks memorized... :\ :(

Majin

First Post
This time Dunstand's dagger's path is blocked by one of the large clubs his target is carrying. Calenthang can only look on helplessly as he fights to break the wizard's spell. The ogre's swing their clubs again in large sweeping motions hitting Sielwoodan and Teleri with force enough to nearly take them down to their knees.

The pain, relatively safe behind the bulk that is the ogres steps closer to the injured one and quickly casts a spell, which results in most of the creature's wounds sealing up. Sielwoodan swings his electrified hammer at the recently healed ogre, but the blow is deflected by the creature's meaty arm. Attempting to help out his companions, Laurent begins playing an inspiring tune.

Teleri tries her best to get off a shot at the wizard but his cover proves to be too great still and she fails to strike him with her arrow. Jahon, free at last casts his spell, which creates a noxious green cloud to spring up around his foes. Both ogres begin to cough and retch but the pain appears to have a tougher stomach, at least for now. Broddy begins to cast a spell as well, setting his sights in the depths of the cloud.

[sblock]~Initiative~

Dunstand - 23
Calenthang - 20 (Held)
Ogres (2) - 19
Pain (Male Priest) - 17
Sielwoodan - 14
Laurent - 14
Teleri - 12
Jahon - 10
Broddy - 9

~Damage Summary~

Dunstand - Miss (@ Ogre 1)
Calenthang - Held
Ogre 1 - 10 damage (@ Sielwoodan)
Ogre 2 - 15 damage (@ Teleri)
Pain - Heals 18 damage (@ Ogre 1)
Sielwoodan - Miss (@ Ogre 1)
Teleri - Miss (@ Pain)
Jahon - Casts Stinking Cloud
Broddy - Casting Summon Monster III

OoC: Mimic, where will you be targetting your summoned monster to appear?[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
hp: 18/41

Sielwoodan takes out his shield to try to block the next blow... the elf starting to feel uneasy at the front rank... how much better he would be with his bow in hand. He sings again at the Ogre in front of him, hoping that time, he will be able to do better.

kirinke

First Post
Seeing how useless the bow is in such circumstances, Teleri draws StormArmour and dives into the fray, heading for the now wounded Seilwooden and reaching for her wand of cure light wounds as she runs, dodging bad-guys and the foul smelling cloud of fumes and gas as best as she can.

When she reaches him, she'll activate the cure stick and fend off the bad-guys as best as she can. If she can, she'll also get Calenthang out of the way if he's still held by whatever foul magicks the Pain is wielding.

Last edited:

Dhes

Explorer
Lightly touching the hilt of the dagger up his left sleeve, Dunstand draws on the inert power trapped in the dagger. As the rouge disappears from view, he cocks his hand for another shot at the Ogre.
[sblock] casting invisibility with dagger, +12 Throw, Magic Dagger, 1d4+2 + Sneak Attack +2d6
Can someone please heal Sielwoodan. With Calenthang out of the picture and Teleri getting 3 attacks of opportunity on her for storming past the Ogre, I don’t want to end up being the party's main tank. :uhoh: [/sblock]

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
ooc
Somebody has to get that spell-caster you know.
And Teleri's arrows were not doing much good. ;)
And it's pretty much in character for her to do just what I posted. :]

Wilphe

Adventurer
Laurent keeps reciting and readies the Short Wand of Healing from his belt, bringing it up he pumps a charge of reinvigorating energy into Sielwoden.

OOC:
Wand of Cure Light Wounds - 1d8+1

PS: Don't forget the Bard boni...

Dhes

Explorer
[sblock]Teleri does know that she’s the party Cleric? …right :uhoh: .
Thankfully we still have a bard with a wand. :D [/sblock]

Remove ads