Language Flavor

Dakkareth

First Post
Pielorinho said:
Extremely cool, Niff't! Now if you'll pardon me, I'm going to learn how to say "Yoink!" in Abyssal.

Daniel

There are probably 20 abyssal words for that ;)

About the effects of language ala Black Speech in Rivendell:

Wouldn't that fall under the already mentioned intimidation bonus for using infernal or abyssal?

Speaking celestial could give a bonus to turning checks against undead.

Does a cleric's turning ability work against demons in 3e? I seem to recall, it did in 2e. If not, one could perhaps make it a new feat with prerequisite: Language (Celestial) or language(abyssal/infernal) to turn celestials.
Effect: Presenting your holy symbol and shouting in the language of your ethos you can turn creatures or opposite alignment, yadda, yadda,

Cool ideas in this thread!

frankthedm

First Post
Nifft said:
Anyone have "flavor rules" for powerful non-human languages? For example:

- Abyssal adds a +2 Circumstance bonus to Intimidate checks, which increases to +4 when dealing with Chaotic Evil outsiders.

Draconic is the language of Arcane magic. So, +2 to Spellcraft checks vs. Wizards, and +2 to Knowlege (Arcana) dealing with things written in Draconic. Also, speakers of Draconic know exactly how weak the language's creators consider humanoids, and therefore gain a +2 Circumstance bonus to Sense Motive checks against dragons, but take a -2 penalty to Will saves vs. a dragon's Frightful Presence.

Intresting...

Most of the DM's i game with just rule that abyssal sounds... evil.

cool ideas

Last edited:

Remove ads