Lanhkmar's back (Runequest)

SWBaxter

First Post
GrumpyOldMan said:
We're talking about a man who retro-fitted a goddess into his game world, and whose every word is poured over and analysed to the nth degree. I suspect he doesn't care. Greg seems to have always been more interested in Glorantha and its legends than any particular rules system. Just my opinion of course.

From all the accounts I've read, he's pretty high on the HeroQuest system. But since the animism/wizardry/theism thing is more in the area of setting terminology than mechanics, I don't really see that it'd make much difference if he wasn't - his goal is that when he publishes some bit of setting info that says this cult uses animism and that city has theist temples, Glorantha fans will know what he's talking about. So it's to his advantage that different rulesets use consistent terminology.

The HeroQuest/RuneQuest split is kind of interesting, because a lot of the Glorantha fanbase seem a little suspicious of HeroQuest. Conversely, there's lots of people (myself included) who think the HeroQuest system's great but aren't sure we want to use it in Glorantha. It would not shock me at all if both the new RuneQuest and the setting-free version of HeroQuest (QuestWorlds, IIRC) outsell HQ.

Remove ads