Larry Elmore crowdfunding "final" art book

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
28a4179c33c9757538e69a323fe2e758_original.jpg

I suspect this will be of interest to posters here: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...the-complete-elmore-volume-iii-hardcover-book

Larry Elmore said:
It has been over 10 years since my very successful 2012 Kickstarter campaign for The Complete Elmore, a hardback collection of many of the highlights of my long career as a fantasy artist. But I didn't stop working in 2012, and the past decade has been very fruitful. I think it's time for an update.

It is therefore my pleasure to announce the third and final volume of my career retrospectives: The Complete Elmore III: Highlights of a Path Well Traveled.
The campaign runs through Sept. 25. The hardcover book is $125.

MGibster

Legend
Larry Elmore said:
In 1987 I was contacted by TSR Inc., the company that produced the role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons, and I worked there from 1981 to 1987.

Wait, he worked for TSR before they contacted him? When I think of my favorite AD&D art, Elmore's name immediately comes to mind. While I wish his Kickstarter great success, it's a stark reminder that ain't none of us getting any younger.

While I do like some of his Dragonlance art, that's quite a bit more than I would like to spend on an art book. Still thanks for the hint!

This may have just decided for me whether I keep my placeholder backing for Dolmenwood. I regret not hearing about the other book Elmore did a Kickstarter project for, definitely backing this one.

Remove ads