• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Larry Elmore crowdfunding "final" art book

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
28a4179c33c9757538e69a323fe2e758_original.jpg

I suspect this will be of interest to posters here: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...the-complete-elmore-volume-iii-hardcover-book

Larry Elmore said:
It has been over 10 years since my very successful 2012 Kickstarter campaign for The Complete Elmore, a hardback collection of many of the highlights of my long career as a fantasy artist. But I didn't stop working in 2012, and the past decade has been very fruitful. I think it's time for an update.

It is therefore my pleasure to announce the third and final volume of my career retrospectives: The Complete Elmore III: Highlights of a Path Well Traveled.
The campaign runs through Sept. 25. The hardcover book is $125.

MGibster

Legend
Larry Elmore said:
In 1987 I was contacted by TSR Inc., the company that produced the role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons, and I worked there from 1981 to 1987.

Wait, he worked for TSR before they contacted him? When I think of my favorite AD&D art, Elmore's name immediately comes to mind. While I wish his Kickstarter great success, it's a stark reminder that ain't none of us getting any younger.

While I do like some of his Dragonlance art, that's quite a bit more than I would like to spend on an art book. Still thanks for the hint!

This may have just decided for me whether I keep my placeholder backing for Dolmenwood. I regret not hearing about the other book Elmore did a Kickstarter project for, definitely backing this one.

Remove ads