• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Last Breaths of Ashenport ?s

Tellerve

Have decided I think I'm going to run the 4th edition version of this adventure and just wanted to see if anyone on here has run the adventure or played through it and have any insights on parts that felt weird/wrong or didn't work, or generally any advice on making it all it can be.

thanks,

Tellerve

hopeless

Adventurer
4e ashenport

Have decided I think I'm going to run the 4th edition version of this adventure and just wanted to see if anyone on here has run the adventure or played through it and have any insights on parts that felt weird/wrong or didn't work, or generally any advice on making it all it can be.
thanks,
Tellerve

Currently playing in a 4e version of this.

Playing a cleric in a group sent to investigate the village, we entered the church and found our way underneath the church and bene involved in three battles with fishmen the current battle in the hidden shrine to Dagon we're being mullered but are trying to pull back having 4 fishmen and two cultists one named the other a mystic fighting us, the party consists of a pair of dragonborn and three human adventurers'.
Found an interesting way to bypass the traps in the second secret passageway located after the second encounter might be worth throwing in with the carvings on the wall a written history giving some background on Dagon in case the players' don't know anything about him otherwise have fun!

Asmor

First Post
I actually ran that as the first adventure in my current 4e campaign.

[sblock]
The PCs only scratched the surface of the temple. They got beat up pretty badly, had to retreat, and by the time they went back the sacrifice had taken place and the town was deserted. So this is all to explain that I can't say much about the ending.

The only thing which really sticks out in my mind is that the first few fights were a huge pain in the butt for the PCs, because everything was difficult terrain (due to weather), the PCs were melee focused, and the enemies included controllers who were quite adept at slowing/immobilizing.
[/sblock]

Tellerve

Hmm, interesting. I'm thinking as much as I like this adventure that it may be too much for the group to finish in a sitting. It looks like a 2 if not a 3 session adventure. I'll have to look it over again and see what I think. I really like the adventure though on a quick look over.

Tellerve

Phaezen

Adventurer
Hmm, interesting. I'm thinking as much as I like this adventure that it may be too much for the group to finish in a sitting. It looks like a 2 if not a 3 session adventure. I'll have to look it over again and see what I think. I really like the adventure though on a quick look over.

Tellerve

It is most probably best to split over 3 sessions or so (I ran it in 3 sessions).

I am busy writing it up as a story hour, see my link.

Look over the combats, there are alot of soldiers, especialy solo soldiers in this adventure and adjust your timing accordingly. I cut out several of the fights myself to concentrate more on the story.

My group is following this up with Sleeper in the Tomb of Dreams and the Ioun Trilogy.

Remove ads