"last night on earth" or "zombies!!!" ?

rossik

Explorer
i like the zombie theme, but i cant decide wich one...have read the "what do you guys think about last night on earth" topic, but i wonder if anyone could help me by writing "goods" and "bads" on both.

pleeeease?:uhoh:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
i like the zombie theme, but i cant decide wich one...have read the "what do you guys think about last night on earth" topic, but i wonder if anyone could help me by writing "goods" and "bads" on both.

pleeeease?:uhoh:

Without a doubt, "Last Night on Earth". It nails the theme really well with interesting characters, event cards, items and a number of different scenarios. It also plays pretty quickly, and the expansion adds even more. It is Zombie Player(s) vs. Hero Player(s), which you may consider a disadvantage.

"Zombies!!!" has one advantage: Lots and lots of little zombie miniatures. However, gameplay tends to be slow and and you draw cards you can't play. The goal of Zombies!!! is as much to kill lots of zombies as escape, and the end can be very random as people scramble for the Helipad. There's nothing distinguishing the heroes from one another, but everyone gets to control the zombies.

Cheers!

oni no won

First Post
I'm not really a fan of zombie games but I had to get LNoE after seeing a Buffy conversion.

Besides the above statement, there are 2 things that I really liked abou the game. One is the characters. Each character is unique. The other is the scenerios. Scenerios extend the gameplay.

Darkwolf71

First Post
I enjoy both games. A lot.

LNoE is good for variety in characters and more of a 'teamwork' theme. I haven't had a chance to play with the expansion yet, but I have it and it looks just as good as the base game.

Zombies!!! is great for more randomness as the board will be different each time you play and there are multiple ways to win. And with expaensions there are more Helipad locations so everyone isn't always going the exact same location.

If I had to pick one I would reluctantly choose LNoE. Simply because it doesn't suffer from the bloat of numerous expansions that need (if you are like me) to be bought for completness sake. ;)

Remove ads