• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Last Night On Earth

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
Hey folks.
I don't play a lot of board games, prefer RPGs. But at Gencon 2007, I picked up a copy of "Last Night on Earth", zombie game from Flying Frog Games. They came out with an expansion this year.

I haven't had the chance to play it, just read the rules and upwrap the cards and tokens and so forth. Anyone else play this?
How does it play? Pretty well?

How much replay value?

scitadel

First Post
Played it. If you've played Zombies, the rules itself and playing is rather similar (at least in the first few scenarios). You move, the Zombies (who differently are controlled by another player/s) move, you roll dice to right and cards are used for effects. It definitely does feel much more 'zombie' movie like though - the heroes are definitely at a disadvantage in many ways.

The big difference and replay value I find comes with the 10 scenarios that are available - each scenario replayable a few times. The scenarios are what makes LNOE interesting.

Darkwolf71

First Post
Great game. I've only been able to play it once but we had a blast. The survivors won, but the zombies (me) did manage to take out a couple of players first characters. :]

Agamon

Adventurer
I stopped playing it. Every game I’ve either been a part of or witnesses the zombies won.

Wow, really? This has been one of the most replayable games I own. And easily the most popular, everyone wants to play it, I'd rather try something else, grudgingly agree, and then agree in the end that it was a blast to play.

Almost every game I've played (played it 15 times, 4 times with the expansion) has been down to the wire as to who is going to win, with zombies taking about 3 of 5 ratio, though, if the heroes win, it's almost always on the last or 2nd last turn. Very zombie movie-like.

Even people that aren't big board game fans like this game, I'm pretty impressed.

Ayrk

First Post
I've found it to be a fun game although pretty luck dependent. If the right cards come up at the right time, one side has an easier time of it.

That being said, I always have fun when playing the game, even if I lose.

radferth

First Post
Highly recommend, and I'm not just saying that because I enjoyed the movie Dead Alive and got the play the priest in LNoE. Definitely more a fun game than a serious strategy game, but it's still a real game.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I also highly recommend it. I have the Growing Hunger expansion and it really expands the game; very, very worthwhile.

I've had games the heroes won comfortably, and games the zombies won comfortably, and games that have gone right down to the wire. Captures the theme very well, and far more enjoyable than Zombies! (which I find very dull).

Cheers!

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Way better than Zombies!!! Great game, the first time I played it I knew it would be a hit. In the games I have played 10+ it seems that the Heroes have had a slight advantage but it is always close. You have to make sure though that all the rules are being used. At the beginning I noticed a few games where something was missed and caused the balance to be way off.

Remove ads