Last Stand of the Dorinthians (Chapter 2 - Illusions)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Loughphray bristles angrily, fingering his hand-axe. The baron looks almost ready to agree when Kyle Radnal steps in. "Sir, the Rosenthorpe's have their prices so high since they are trying to trade what little we have for essential tools and equipment. If it's the price of equipment that is giving Rix, here, a problem, our guard's armory can help outfit them with several items at no cost. Ammunition, food, water, and so on."

Ferrix

Explorer
Deuce Traveler said:
Loughphray bristles angrily, fingering his hand-axe. The baron looks almost ready to agree when Kyle Radnal steps in. "Sir, the Rosenthorpe's have their prices so high since they are trying to trade what little we have for essential tools and equipment. If it's the price of equipment that is giving Rix, here, a problem, our guard's armory can help outfit them with several items at no cost. Ammunition, food, water, and so on."

"Perhaps that may be an equitable solution, although I doubt your armory will have much sized for myself nor the equipment I was seeking, although my companions may find it useful." Rix says with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
After all is decided, Sgt Radnal takes the party into the armory where they have the chance to pick out one weapon and one piece of armor from these items, and two items. You are also allowed to take all of the ammunition and food you can carry. Make sure to account for weight:

1 Gauntlet
7 Daggers
2 Punch Daggers
4 Light Maces
1 Sickle
6 Clubs
2 Heavy Maces
1 Morningstar
3 Shortspears
8 Longspears
4 Quarterstaffs
4 Spears
210 Crossbow Bolts
4 Light Crossbows
27 Darts
12 Javelins
4 Slings
130 Sling Bullets
5 Throwing Axes
2 Light Hammers
3 Handaxes
2 Light Picks
1 Sap
12 Short Swords
3 Battleaxes
1 Flail
4 Longswords
1 Heavy Pick
3 Rapiers
2 Scimitars
1 Trident
2 Warhammers
2 Glaives
1 Greatclub
2 Halberds
1 Scythe
3 Longbows
2 Shortbows
300 Arrows
1 Bastard Sword
1 Hand Crossbow
3 Sets Padded Armor
2 Sets Leather Armor
1 Set Leather Armor (Small)
2 Sets Studded Leather
1 Set Studded Leather (Small)
1 Hide Armor
1 Chain Shirt
2 Small Wooden Shields
3 Large Wooden Shields
7 Bucklers
7 Backpacks
10 Bedrolls
6 Coils of Rope (100 ft)
Grapple
42 Trail Rations
21 Hard Biscuits
7 Water Flasks
8 Torches
4 Lanterns
5 Tinderboxes
8 Flasks of Oil
10 Large Sacks
5 Small Sacks
2 Mirrors
1 Bottle of Ink
3 Pieces of Vellum (paper)

Alexander
[sblock]
Ravil accompanies use to the armory, after noticing come out of the main office of the baron. He accompanies you into the armory, and slips you a small potion, "Use this in case you or someone else is badly hurt. No need to fear wolves this time." He gives you a wink.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
"I do indeed find it useful, Sergeant," says Silas as he adds 20 bolts and several days worth of trail rations to his pack. Hefting its weight he nods to himself as he decides that he has not packed more than he can comfortably carry. Looking first at his companions then to Sgt. Radnal he says, "I am ready to go."

Land Outcast

Explorer
[sblock=DM]Alexander pats Ravil's shoulder, thankful, and slips the vial into a new backpack.[/sblock]

Alexander takes a Grappling Hook, 100ft of rope, and a Longbow, including 40 arrows.

"Ready, when will we depart?" I would have been lifted by her sight, pity I won't see her until we return

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
Kel, believing that the Huntress has a purpose to how he is feeling at the moment, agrees to the contract. Exchanging his armour for something sturdier in a chain shirt and swapping his short bow for a longbow he waits patiently on the road for his comapnions.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Your group leaves by midday.

Alexander
[sblock]
As you begin to leave you take one last look at the baron's new building. On the balcony you see Syra watching you. She smiles charmingly at you as you leave, and gives one quick wave as you disappear with your group down the main street.
[/sblock]

The trip is uneventful, but difficult, as you and your gnome companions have to trail blaze across uneven land. The ground begins to become hilly after the third day, and a rain comes down causing some of the already wet land to become marshy. Your group trudges along, completely frustrated by your slow progress when a piercing scream shatters your thoughts.

One of the gnomes on the flanks has a snake-like, gray tendril wrapped around his neck. He gives one more shout, but the tendril yanks him into a pool of dirty water. The liquid writhes unnaturally, and before you can react, the gnome's screams and thrashings stop. You watch as his skin starts being dissolved to the bone. The liquid pool now starts moving towards the party.

OOC: Gnomes are feeding the party with their own supplies. No need currently to tick off food.

Land Outcast

Explorer
[sblock=DM]Alexander smiles back
I should have known she'd be there *feel happy*[/sblock]

---

Tendrils, Pool, Flesh dissolving...

"For the all consuming fires! What's that?!"

Alexander looks around for a fallen branch or a stone, anything which can serve as a weapon; the way in which the gnome's flesh was dissolved doesn't suggest that his "fangs" would remain usable after hitting that.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas chokes down rising nausea as he sees the gnome's flesh stripped from his body. " 'Ware, my friends!" he calls out, pointing towards the small pool. Seeing Alexander casting about for a weapon he calls out, "Alexander!" When he catches the half-orc's attention Silas will toss his quarterstaff to the warrior and, keeping well away from the pool, draw a torch from his pack and begin to light it. I hope fire is effective against this abomination, he thinks.

Remove ads