Last Stand of the Dorinthians (Chapter 3 - The Imperials)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The weather is actually pleasant, as the autumn season has just begun. You travel along a river that flows north, then turns east then southeast towards the dwarven lands. The older men know some marching songs and teach it to the younger members of your troupe.

You make it through two days and nights and out of the elven lands without incident, but in the morning you find a horrible sight. The men had taken turns as sentries, each shift encompassing of about eight guards, two standing on each end of the compass. The two guards that were watching the west were found slain, their bellies sliced open, several limbs pulled off, eaten and discarded, and their heads still missing. One of the guards mentioned that he had heard a giggling in the night, but that was the only thing that any of them noticed out of the ordinary.

The bodies were found separate from each other, and you surmise the first guard (found near a bush) went to go urinate and was killed, before the other was snuck upon and murdered.

Fenris

Adventurer
GlassEye said:
Silas looks to Alexander. "Can you track it? We left this beast behind twice before and I won't do so a third time."

"As loath as I am to delay our travel, I must agree. We cannot afford to lose any more sentries."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Avast, mateys! Since Land Outcast is busy cutting us them potatoes, I will control Alexander for now.
==================================

Alexander crouches, and examines the ground before him. After a moment he gives the party a nod. Yes, he can track the thing.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Kel readies his arms and armour and prepares to ride on the Hunt with his friends "For the glory of The Huntress" he cries as the small group starts to follow the tracks.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
You leave your militia behind with Rix and on guard as you hunt the creature. The trail takes you along the river, and then along a branching wide stream with a strong current. You walk another half mile before you can hear the continuous crash of water. Alexander says that the trail ends at the top of a small waterfall. You peer below to see a beautiful, large pond 25 feet below you. Figuring the trail will begin again along the pond's edge, the four of you climb downwards. There are no footprints. It's as if the troll jumped into the pond and disappeared. The waterfall is wide, and falls around a semi-circle of rock.

Fenris

Adventurer
"I know that there are often caves that lay behind the falls of rivers, carved out of solid rock. let us examine the sides of the falls to see if we can find some hiding hole for this beast. Otherwise we may have to examine the bottom of this pond. But first, Silas, I have heard that trolls are difficult to kill. How may we finish this creature once and for all?" says Dartis

Remove ads