• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Last Stand of the Dorinthians (Chapter 3 - The Imperials)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Ventus considers the island, nearly losing himself in the song for a second. He shakes his head to clear it and faces Dartis.

"It all comes down to whether she wants her heart back or not. If she wants it, then simply approaching with it in hand might be enough. If her nature has twisted enough where she will resist it, then it may require all of our strengths. If the lure is too much for any one of us, then we could each be lured in one by one as we attempt to rescue those already lost to the song. Perhaps if we had enough rope, one could go in and be pulled out it they failed to hold strong."

Nephtys

First Post
"Perhaps it will not be so bad even if we fail," Barok looks down at the island smiling.
"I'll go. From what the other tree-fairies said I don't think she kills her victims right away and I wouldn't mind a bit of 'rest' for a while. If it turns bad I'll have you guys to bail me out. And I am the only one of us with a chance to enter unnoticed."

Nephtys

First Post
Ooc: the rope won't work too well if he's trying to hide, and besides it's not that macho. ;) So, yes, he's making a break for it.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Before Dartis can prepare a plan of action, Barok snatches the heart and begins running down the hill. He gives a half-pause as the strength of the song intensifies, and for a moment the rest of the party thinks a collective, "Oh hell..."

But the rogue recovers and shakes off the music while leaping over the occasional mound. The grass comes alive and reaches out for him, but the dextrous Barok is able to move too quick for the blades of grass to hold him down. He's made it a third of the way.

Nephtys

First Post
Barok stops briefly before charging ahead (actually before ascending the hill with the others, if you'll allow it) and stuffs his ears with moss and tying a piece of cloth around his head to help block out the sound.

ooc: I wasn't planning on making a run for it before the party could have its say, but let's play it out this way. Maybe the singing made him a bit overeager :).

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Danica stares in wonder as Barok grabs the heart and starts to run. Again, her words have gone almost unnoticed. But she watches him as he goes, and shouts out encouragement: "Be careful!"

Fenris

Adventurer
[sblock=KS: ] Sorry, I hadn't even seen your post as it got stuck on the last page :(

But I was waiting for you and Silas.....[/sblock]

Dartis swears at Barok's rashness and spurs on Swift to over take the man.

[sblock=OOC] Ride check to spur mount on to make Swift even faster, but with the run feat and a base 60 move, I figure we can catch up quickly [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads