Last Stand of the Dorinthians (Chapter 4- The Second Invasion)

Fenris

Adventurer
Nephtys said:
"This should be fun." Barok grins, drawing his weapons.
When Darthis has charged forwards into the fight Barok will leap off the horse and get into a flanking position.

OOC: Who's charging? :p

Dartis lets Barok slide off Swift.

"Stay close until they close, Barok. Can't lose you now" says Dratis with a grin as he brings up bow and rapidly fires a pair of arrows at the front orc.

[sblock] Rapid shot at +7/+7 1d8+3 since I now have Weapon Specialization, can you tell I am still jazzed ;) [/sblock]

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Shhh… its O.K. my dear. They are not going to hurt you.” She says soothing to the child as she lets Silas’ wife take the child away from danger. “Me dance?” She answers Sila in a tone mirroring his, “Why I did even bring the proper attire.

Turning to face the on coming horde she offers the Orcs a grin of absolute excitement. With pure glee in her voice she says, “No, no, no. You have this all wrong. If we are going to play Red-Rover-Red-Rover, first you have to freeze before you can come over."

Round 1:
Standard Action: Cast Hold Person on lead Orc: DC 15 vs Will. Hoping to cause a traffic jam if possible.
Move Action: Load Crossbow
Round 2:
Standard Action: Cast Charm Person on the Orc attacking the Snake: DC 14 vs Will. If succesful, will ask the Orc to attack the nearst threating target.
Move Action: None

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Dartis and Barok
[sblock]
Barok slips off from Swift and readies himself for oncoming orcs. Dartis breaks the silence by letting two arrows fly at the largest and meanest of the group: an orc with a old scar that has blinded the warrior. Dartis' first shot buries itself deep into the orc's right arm, but the second shot is a critically great one, going through the humanoid's right eye and taking out parts of brain while it continues its path and exits via the back of the skull. As the large orc's body falls, the remaining orcs stand dumbfounded and shaken. You hear them murmur a word amongs one another: "Dul-keyar". Finally, one gathers his courage and charges, followed by the others, but because of the delay they only make it 30 feet. (now within 20 feet of you) Barok decides to charge the group and attacks the lead orc, but misses with his rapier.

Three more orcs appear from down a side street, about 60 feet to your right. Two look like young warriors, but the third is smaller and wears beads while carrying a totem staff.

.......o......o.........
...........B.o..........
.....................o..
............D.....o....
.......................o
[/sblock]

Nikolos, Danica, and Ventus
[sblock]
On Ventus' command, Danica finds herself the first to act. She raises her crossbow and fires, an incredible shot that greatly injures the torch-bearering orc with a bolt deep into the back. It drops the torch and screams in pain while trying to drag itself back into a side street.

The other orcs move next, advancing, but not reaching the group. They all roar and seem to bring themselves into a barbaric bloodlust.

Nikolos had cast shield of faith before, and now that the orcs are visible, he reaches over and touches Ventus, who feels much stronger. Bull's strength on Ventus.

Ventus moves forward and strikes, the wound that he ends up dealing the orc would have been enough to normally injure the humanoid, but the extra strength given from Nikolos' spell drives his blade an inch deeper, slaying the creature outright as his short sword touches its heart.
......._House_..........
.......................o..
............o......o.......
............o....o..........
.............V...............
..............N..............
...............Da...........
[/sblock]

Silas and Caramip
[sblock]
Caramip is the first to react, a magic spell halting the lead orc in its place. The other two run by him and are continuing towards the group in a barbaric rage when Silas' staff transforms and heads straight for them. The snake practically leaps from the ground, wrapping itself in a critically successful embrace of the lead orc, which screams in surprise. Its ally yells and attacks the snake, greatly harming but not killing it.

In the distance, you can see three more orcs appear. Two carry totem staffs, while another is a warrior type with a battle-axe.

..........o.............
........o.....o........
...........o...........
........Ko.o..........
..........S..C........
[/sblock]
OOC: I'm not sure if Caramip's spell will have the desired effect next round since charm person is described as a spell that makes a target a friend or ally, but not one that you can control or will do something that he would not normally do.

Nikolos frowns slightly, wishing he was back with his journals. This was no place for a simple scholar to find himself. Again calling upon the aid of the Seeker, he casts Protection from Evil on Ventus, careful to keep an eye for any threatening orcs. Then he readies his longspear, intending to stab past the soldier when the opportunity arises.

Nephtys

First Post
Deuce Traveler said:
Dartis and Barok
[sblock]
Barok decides to charge the group and attacks the lead orc, but misses with his rapier.

ooc: He wouldn't attack unless he could do sneak attack damage, being well aware that he could never kill an orc in a single round without that advantage. Since Dartis is going Horse Archer and is likely to keep his distance to the orcs while shooting them full of arrows Barok finds himself not only exposed, but also pretty useless as anything but a distraction. He would never charge alone like that, and I never stated that he would.

Barok suddenly notices the odds arrayed against him and curses. Breaking off combat he tumbles to avoid the crude orcen weapons and tries to get within the cover of a building. Then he moves stealthily to try to make surprise attacks against alone and isolated orcs, apparent officers and spellcasters. Dartis would do well enough on his own if he used his superior range and mobility, but Barok knew he could never survive alone on the front line against those odds.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Understood, sorry I tried to do my best predicting Barok's action. I'll try to keep him out of trouble for the next round, since Barok has a higher initiative than the orcs. If anyone wants, please add possible actions on your character sheet that I can reference and work off of in a moment like this or if you are unable to post for a short period of time.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Ventus allows his eyes to drift from his foe for a second as the orc slumps before him. He nods his head tersely over his shoulder.

"Good work, Danica."

He considers the orcs now arrayed against him with a dispassionate eye, standing firm with his shield raised. Outnumbered for now, he takes a cautious stance and engages the nearest orc.

[sblock=ooc]Combat Expertise for 2 (AC:19)
Attack +9; 1d6+8 (includes bull's strength bonuses)

If he drops the orc, he will move towards any orcs threatening Danica or Nikolos.[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
Deuce Traveler said:
OOC: Understood, sorry I tried to do my best predicting Barok's action. I'll try to keep him out of trouble for the next round, since Barok has a higher initiative than the orcs. If anyone wants, please add possible actions on your character sheet that I can reference and work off of in a moment like this or if you are unable to post for a short period of time.
ooc:
It's not that he's not suicidal, he just prefers being effective while risking his life. ;)

GlassEye

Adventurer
DT said:
The snake practically leaps from the ground, wrapping itself in a critically successful embrace of the lead orc, which screams in surprise. Its ally yells and attacks the snake, greatly harming but not killing it.

Silas, knowing that the odds against them would be overwhelming without the python, Kerastes, turns his attention to the orc following close behind the lead two orcs. "Ah, Caramip, you should have told me that we were playing children's games. Here I am, a tad overdressed. Ah, well. Did I tell you that one of my favorite games is Tag!?" With that, and choosing to leave himself unprotected magically for the moment, he casts Scorching Ray at the orc. "You're 'It', my orc friend," he murmurs.

Fenris

Adventurer
Nephtys said:
ooc:
It's not that he's not suicidal, he just prefers being effective while risking his life. ;)

OOC: BTW Swift will threaten even if I don't and so can provide flanking, and thus SA opportunities for Barok. ;)

Dartis gives a cry of "Dorinthia! The Riders Return!" after the lead orc goes down.

Seeing the new orcs, Dartis makes a quick change and fires a pair of arrows at the new smaller orc with the totem staff. Dartis has devolped a healthy respect, fear and hatred of those who cast spells after dealing with Morduk, Nefius, and Astraughley.

OOC: Swift readies an attack against the first orc who closes with him.

Remove ads