Last Stand of the Dorinthians- Dead Secrets

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas sighs. "Well then, I suppose that there is no point in delaying any further, is there?" Mother, guide me! Inadvertantly and to Silas' dismay his thoughts rest only briefly on the protective goddess of the Dorinthians before focusing on the old woman who named herself Ulavree. Frowning he changes his grip on the glass sphere and continues moving on up the road.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
You move forward towards the pass. There is little sound except for the hooves of your horses, Nefius' labored breathing, and the chill wind blowing around you. As you reach the base of the pass, three figures rise from a crouched position fifteen feet above you on the top of the ridge. "Hold, Nefius! I see you have a friend with you. This is admittedly unexpected, but isn't anything that will halt our judgment of you. Nefius, you are charged with apostasy. What say you to this charge?"

"I will have nothing to do with a faith that helps the ruination of man. You would have us become barbaric abominations, when I wanted to rule over a civilization. What good is it to rule mud and plants when I once sat among gold and wine? No, I would rather not help rule over a wasteland of mindless servants and destroyed humanity."

"Ruination? We are the saviors of mankind!" The two begin to argue, and more shapes begin to gather around the three. These are zombie-like Dorinthians, such as you had recently fled from.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas listens to the two men's twisted religious debate. He feels the smoothness of the red, glass sphere as he turns it in his hand. Is now the time? Am I too close? He judges the distance between himself and the man arguing with Nefius, the man he assumes is the leader. Abruptly he hurls the sphere at the man, hoping to throw it in such a fashion so that it shatters at the man's feet.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Silas tosses his sphere and watches as it makes a parabolic drop near the feet of the leader who is arguing with Nefius. Silas hears the orb break, then the world seems to go mad in a storm of fire and smoke. The abjurer is thrown from his horse, but otherwise is unharmed. His ride panics and flees up the path as three flaming Festios undead drop to the ground with a bone-jarring crack. One doesn't get back up, but the other two see the spellcaster and stumble awkwardly towards him. Of Nefius and the others, Silas cannot say as the thick smoke disrupts his vision.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas coughs smoke and takes a step back, away from the shambling servants of Festios. Once they come within range he will cast his Burning Hands spell with the hope of catching both of them within its effects.

Move: 5' step
Standard: cast Burning Hands

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Silas gives some distance between himself and the creatures before him, then lets loose with his spell, roasting both before they can close in and pummel the mage. Taking a moment to look around, he sees that the smoke from the blast is starting to clear enough for him to see several large stones come from overhead and land with a thump in front of him. It seems that his enemies are now tossing stones down from the top of the cliff in an effort to pulverize their opponents. At the same time, Silas hears chanting from above and someone wheezing for breath somewhere ahead of him.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas will look up for the source of the chanting. If it is obvious that the chanter is an enemy then Silas will let loose with his Scorching Ray.

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: Silas gets all the fun. :mad:

Lesse, send the wizard to the combat crawl and the fighter to negotiate. Sounds like par for this course. But that's what makes this game rock!

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Silas can't see the shadowy figure all too well on the top of the ridge, but then the figure finishes his spell and the foggy cover is lifted by a gust of wind, revealing Nefius struggling to stand in front of the abjurer and a black robed man overhead. Silas lets loose with his spell, blowing a hole through the chest of the man, who attempts unsuccessfully to scream before tumbling over the edge aflame. He lands in front of Silas with a sickening crunch, while a second man appears. This second man finishes some kind of spell, then four more Festios undead appear and begin to crawl quickly down the cliff side towards Nefius and Silas.

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Ha ha! You get to chat up paranoid emperors and Silas gets to fry zombies. Of course, if Silas were talking to the emperor he'd likely end up in the dungeon. :uhoh:[/sblock]

Silas winces and pulls away from the broken corpse. He hardly spares a glance for Nefius but hopes the fellow can pull himself together and jump in with a little assistance. Thinking he'll likely need the protection, and soon, Silas casts Extended Mage Armor and moves away from the advancing undead. As he moves away he'll ready his staff.

Standard: cast Mage Armor (extended)
Move: 30 ft. away & draw staff

Remove ads