Unearthed Arcana Latest Unearthed Arcana Introduces Rogue & Ranger Archetypes

New UA (1/16/2017): Ranger and Rogue The new UA is up, you can see it here:http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/2017_01_UA_RangerRogue_0117JCMM.pdf

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
I liked the fighter version of the scout better in the kits of old UA. Its nice ranger is getting some love and that they are supporting both rangers. Well except the spell less one.

jimmifett

Banned
Banned
I forsee Ambush Master being a minor PITA, bad enough when one player changes order, but the whole party, for just one round? ugh. Rest of it is ok.

Belltent

First Post
I forsee Ambush Master being a minor PITA, bad enough when one player changes order, but the whole party, for just one round? ugh. Rest of it is ok.

Nope. Lasts until combat ends. Still could be a little messy depending on the circumstance, but it's a one-time, permanent change that is dependant on a surprised enemy.

The guardian form's Large size gives a lot of powergaming potential. Hello 2d12 Oversized Greataxe! Or go with a 2d8 Oversized Longbow so you can ignore the speed penalty. Being Large also lets you grapple Huge creatures, great for certain builds.

I assume you're being sarcastic. That is for building your own Monster. The Enlarge spell for example which would take you from Medium to Large gives you an extra 1D4 damage die, it does not double your damage die.

Your sarcasm detector needs calibrating. The rules for Enlarge only applies to weapons enlarged by the Enlarge spell. Why shouldn't a Large PC be able to use an oversized weapon looted from a Large monster?

Remove ads

Remove ads