• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lazy adventurer?

Notmousse

First Post
I've got a character that I've decided to make very lazy.

Now I've got him a Hand of the Mage for most minor tasks, and horeshoes of the zephyr (he's a centaur), so he doesn't have to swim.

What else can I do to make sure he doesn't have to lift a finger outside of combat? Actually, anything that can allow him to be somewhat effective and lazy in combat would also be most welcome.

WotC sources only please, my game doesn't use non WotC, and even some of those sources aren't allowed.

Pyrex

First Post
Later on you can buy him a Ring of Telekinesis.

An Animated shield.

Dancing weapons.

Bag of Tricks / Figurines of Wonderous Power.

:D

Pyrex

First Post
Sort of, the Violent Thrust option lets you throw a bunch of daggers, arrows, whatever; but they don't hit for much damage. You're better off using it to disarm, grapple or bull rush opponents.

If you have access to the Spell Compendium and/or PHBII, check out Cloud of Knives and Steeldance if your character is an arcane caster.

Magesmiley

Explorer
A rather amusing thought is finding some means of regularly flying, so he doesn't have to walk. Just imagine the character hovering a few inches above the ground, all four legs hanging limply down towards the ground, as he moves about. You wouldn't need the horseshoes with something like this, and it would epitomize a lazy character.

That kind of points in the direction of a spellcaster. You might consider a character specializing as a conjurer - having the ability to summon up creatures to do petty tasks for him regularly would fit the theme.

Still spell and eschew materials for such a character seems like a natural feat choice tool.

Assuming that you are high enough level, you might even consider creating a golem minion of some sort.

Patlin

Explorer
Magesmiley said:
That kind of points in the direction of a spellcaster. You might consider a character specializing as a conjurer - having the ability to summon up creatures to do petty tasks for him regularly would fit the theme.

Good idea... make it even better, get the Summon Elemental [Reserve] feat from Complete Mage, so you can have a servant at your beck and call pretty much all the time.

I would suggest a Ring of Sustenance so that he doesn't have to bother with cooking, eating or drinking. No need to hunt for your food either.

Olaf the Stout

bestone

First Post
Vow of poverty (tho i detest it), you dont even need to carry around or have equipment, nor do you need to bother with currency. And best of all, later on you dont even have to dodge when people swing weapons at you, they'll just break on your skin.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Reserve feats are a fantastic idea. Play a Sorcerer and let it be known that you can't even be bothered to actually cast spells most of the time. You just use these "reserve" things. (It would amuse me greatly to see a 1st level Sorcerer who knows unseen servant.)

If you are open to Psionics, consider Shaper or Telepath -> Thrallherd. (I'd suggest Elocator just for the "I don't walk" factor, but it requires Spring Attack, and that's just not your type of feat.)

Psionics has several different kinds of telekinesis, and fun things like clairtangent hand (so you don't even have to open your eyes to use your mage hand in the other room). Psionics also has an appeal in that it requires even less effort than spellcasting -- no waving your hands round, fiddling with live spiders, or chanting stuff -- you just think it and it happens.

-- N

Remove ads