• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

League of Assassins - Concluded.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Jewelry & Gems

Item C9:

Attachments

• sphinxgem.jpg
    sphinxgem.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 186

Kyramus

First Post
Item C9 perfect for some Set fanatics to come and try to bid/steal/murder someone to get it.
Can you imagine if the diamond in the belly is actually a receptacle that is holding a piece of Set from the last god war??? Anyone freeing and subsuming the power would become a paragon creature. <grins> Of course getting it out of the gem is another thing. LOL

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Thirteen Days To go....

Our present DM finished up his module last night. Next week we have a scheduled a light-hearted one-week filler, and then on Sunday the 19th I will launch the "League of Assassins" module. I'm running out of time, and still have alot of holes to fill, so continued suggestions will be very welcomed.

I've decided not to have the party stay at Kindor's Castle, as it is a massive multi-story 300-room structure that would further complicate this already complex storyline. Instead I plan to borrow the floor plan of castle used by Piratecat's Defenders, to use as both the home base in the city for the playing characters as well as the location of the auction.

From a logistical standpoint, each player will be permitted to bring more than one playing character into this module, as some characters will need to remain at the castle to guard the items while other teams of characters simultaneously investigate the guests and/or try to determine who the assassins are. Several of the party's NPC's will also be included, as I have invited former players to drop by for games when they can, and have also encouraged the regular players to invite interested guests.

I am putting together a few charts listing all of the A: Assassin Groups; B: Guest Groups; C: Jewelry & Gem Items. These files may be a bit large, so instead of posting them I will e-mail them out to anyone who wants them. Just drop me an e-mail or post a private message, and let me know what format you would prefer (Excel Spreadsheet or Microsoft Word Table).

Last edited:

Silver Moon

Adventurer
New Guest Group

I found some more interesting NPC's online at the following link:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Labyrinth/5637/Drowpage15.html

I think that the drow, disguised as a regular elf, should work in very interesting (especially since the Silver Moon now has a drow PC, who also once worked directly for Lolth, so might know him). The elf's patrons, the Wa family, being from a Japanese based society will also work well, given that Hiroshi was the one who invited the guests.

This brings me up to a total of 24 guest groups, 14 items, and 8 assassin groups. That is enough for the module, although more suggestions would still be welcome, as well as more details on some of the ones already chosen. While there will clearly be a great many more assassin groups, the identity of most will never become known to the PC's, so the current 8 could be enough.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Timeline

Timeline: The module will run from July 1st to 16th of the year 1019. The tentative timeline for the module is as follows:

July 1st Lord Kindor and Council Member Melito will arrive on Silver Moon Island, brief the party, and then leave along with the NPC Hiroshi [DM’s note: While Hiroshi will play a key part in this module, I do not want to give the playing characters too much access to him this early in the module. He will already have a vast amount of information about both the items and guests, which I would prefer the players to find out at their own pace rather than just asking the NPC for a lengthy “information dump”.].

July 2nd the ship Silver Moon will set sail for Jawltorn with a total of between 15 and 20 playing characters and key NPC’s (enough that two separate teams of characters could be simultaneously meeting guests and conducting investigations in the city while still leaving enough behind to guard the jewelry and gems).

July 3rd the ship Silver Moon will arrive at Jawltorn and unload the party. The ship will not remain in the city, returning to the Island after picking up supplies. The party will settle into their new base, Calphas Comfortable Castle, and move the jewelry and gems from Kindor’s castle to this building prior to the arrival of any of the guests. [DM’s Note: As “payment” for their services during the these two weeks the Silver Moon will be granted the deed to this castle, for their own personal use whenever they are in the city.]

For the week of July 4th of July 10th the guest groups will arrive. Each day between 1 and 6 guest groups will arrive (randomly rolled) and then settle into the city until all guest groups are present.. Members of the Silver Moon will be asked to officially greet (and perform a security evaluation of) each group either upon or shortly after their arrival.

In order to guarantee that auctioneers will not show any favoritism to local citizens the residents of the Jawlt Lordholding will not be allowed to participate as bidders at the auction, however Jawlt residents (and only Jawlt residents) will be permitted to preview the auction items on July 8th and then turn in sealed bids by July 9th for any item that they are interested in. The sealed bids will be held by Melito, and will not be opened and read until the bidding has closed on each item.

The Silver Moon will have to manage and provide security for this preview, which may include viewings by thousands of locals (although very few will actually place bids, as each item will have a substantial minimum bid amount listed). This has been intentionally scheduled for the 8th as Melito has heard that the ILA meeting is not slated to begin until the 9th. [DM’s note: this sealed bit process will allow the playing characters to place a bid on any items that they may be personally interested in.]

A formal dinner will be held for all bidders on the evening of the 10th at a location chosen by the playing characters. The auction rules will be spelled out at that time. A preview to all bidders of the auction items will be on the 11th. A formal hearing will be held on the 12th for anyone who wishes to make a claim that an item being auctioned is rightfully theirs. The final ruling on these claims will be made by a three judge panel, which will include Hiroshi, a High Priest of Ukko, and a yet unnamed paladin. The auction itself will take place on the 13th. The payment for and pick-up of items will be on the 14th. Finally, the groundbreaking ceremonies for the new Jawlt Hospital will take place on the 15th. The ship Silver Moon will return to the city on the 16th to pick up the party members.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads