• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

League of Assassins - Concluded.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Other Foreign Guest

Thank you very much Paka. I will be happy to enclude the above post as invited guests - group desingated B12
. It will be fun having a few Satyrs in play.

The next foreign group that I have decided to add, as group designated B13, are Finder's Band, a group of followers of the demigod Finder Wyvernspur. A yet-to-be-determined item that was Finder's will be on the auction block - pehaps a prototype of the Finder's Stone (from the F.R. trilogy of the same name).

These four characters are: Joel - a Cleric/Bard; Lady Jasmine - a Fighter; Paladin Holly Harrowslough; and Le-Sun Chang - Cleric, Spirit Folk Race.

The AD&D specifications for the first three of these members of Finder’s Band can be found in Dragon Magazine Annual #2 by Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb; The specification for the god Finder Wyvernspur can be found in Polyhedron Magazine #119 by Erik L. Boyd and Kate Novak. These characters can also be found in the Forgotten Realms novels Finder’s Bane and Tymora’s Luck, by Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb. The Le-Sun Chang character was found on the Greyhawk Fan Club internet site.

This quartet has previously met the Silver Moon Adventurers twice, during the "Chinese Take-out" module, which is posted on Story Hour at the following link:

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28642&pagenumber=1

They show up in Chapter 28, and will appear again in a yet to be posted chapter near the end of the story.

If you check out the story you will also get a good idea of the personalities of the Silver Moon playing characters, as well as the auction mechanics that I plan to use. They attended a series of auctions in the orient in Chapters 31 to 38, and I plan to run the jewelry auction in Jawltorn along the same lines.

Also note that the Hiroshi character introduced in the above Story Hour will play a key part of the module, as he will be organizing and running the auction for Lord Kindor. (He was an NPC during the above story, but has now become one of my own playing characters.)

Last edited:

Polydamas

First Post
One of the items up for sale is a magical gem. It's powerful, but odd...no detection magic, not even Analyze Dweomer has been able to puzzle out what it is. For a picture, go to

http://www.geo.mtu.edu/museum/Gallery/Dibble/fluoriteBrazilmed.jpg

The only obvious sign of magic is the flickering blue light inside of it.

(I'd recommend trying to find pictures of all the items.)

Baron Te'col, lord of a small domain in the northern taiga is very interested in obtaining in it. He's an old, tired man with a staff of one...an elderly halfing who never smiles.

The good Baron has been marked for death...with the odd specification that he dies only after he gets the gem. The Baron had to put a lot of money down to add that rider to the contract.

Te'col been looking for that damn gem for 150 years now, ever since he grew tired of life. As young wizard hiding his soul to escape death seemed a fine idea but now he only wants to rest. He'll get that gem legitimately if possible but he is quite desperate, and his demonic little familiar (the halfling) is going to make sure the old man is allowed to die. A milennium of servitude and anyone would get a little cranky.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
League of Assassins

Great story Polydamas! Baron To'Cal and his associate are now part of the module, as guest group B14 (I had forgotten to give the Black Mark Pirates a designation - so they will be B20). The gem will be item C4 (C3 being the Finder's Stone prototype gem).

Thanks also for the picture. Great suggestion on pictures of the other items as well!

Later Edit: I have found a great picture (although it is too big to attach here) that shows what looks very much like your picture, with massive amounts of energy exploding out of it. I plan to use this as a visual in the campaign, of the gem being destroyed and the soul exiting out of it. What I still have to figure out is if this will be done intentionally by the Baron, and exactly what and how. Any suggestions?

The next guests - designated Group B15, will be a pair of aristocrats from Hiroshi's home city of Miyako, in the Heian Empire (ancient Japan). The noble aristocrat will be a man named Fujiwara Michinaga interested in the auction. He will be a low-level human fighter. His will have with him a number of associates, one of whom will be posing as a monk named Sei Shonagon, but Sei will in actuality be a member of the ILA (Assassin group A6).

Last edited:

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Request for Buildings

Hi Readers, am putting in a request for building plans. While the city of Jawltorn has been mapped (I'll post it as soon as I figure out how to get the scanner I bought to work) I am going to be needing several buildings in the city for this module. I figure that I will need at least three inns, as well as a place to have the auction (Melito will not allow all these strangers to go to Kindor's Castle for security reason - although that is where the Silver Moon playing characters will be staying when they are not guarding the auction items). One of these inns will be the temporary headquarters for the ILA's leaders and their main clients, and it is where the climax battle to the module will take place. If you know of any previously designed structures posted Online that will work for these please post the link here.

I've also come up with another group to add to this auction - Chapters 39 & 40 of the "Chinese Take-out" module featured a rich human named Laughlin who owned a shipping company, and the rich and stuck up half-elf fighter son of another rich businessman (Guest Group B16). The halfelf's name is Travaris Pace. Both of these men are from the Spindrift Island Chain, specifically from Lendore Island (where the module "The Secret of Bone Hill" is set). Pace is seeking an item to be auctioned off, and Laughlin provided him some transportation. Laughlin also wishes to thank the Silver Moon for their rescue the previous year.

Last edited:

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
I have an Assassin Group, unfortuatly I am still using it but here is the low down, they are ruled by a maralith and Elite members become Half-Demons, I just add the template on top of whatever race they are. You don't have to be an assassin to be in the guild. The nasty one is a Half Drow/Half Demon Druid. Was an underdark version of a druid but now lives on the surface. Nothing scares people more than Rover turning into a Drow with Batlike wings and weildling a ebon balck scimitar. Thank this board for the Druid Assassins.

As for Nobles there for the auctions, From Dracanor.

Arsticrat Level 1 Prince Edmin Drake IV. Age 12. Not in line for the throne but still son to the King of Dracanor. His father sent him there to buy the Ring of Fortune. He is at the auction with-

Level 15 Fighter Capt Barigev Oldsmith -Captain of the Castle gaurd, There on the kings behalf for a secret mission, also there to protect the prince. This man was a commoner and rose through the ranks to his positions, is very loyal to the King and his family.

Level 5 Rogue/4 Fighter/4 Dualist Halfling Female. Elinda Shortstrike. The actual bodygaurd of the prince. She is a trained dualist and very deadly with her daggers.

The Ring of Fortune
Game effect, acts a Luckstone and 1/Day allows the wearer to re-roll any one roll as the Luck Domain

History -The band of the Ring is silver entwined in gold. Embedded at equal lengths on the gold band are small emeralds and on the Silver band are small rubies. These gems appear to twinkle at all times.
The ring used to belong to Edmin Drake II (Prince Edmin's Great Uncle) He was thought a scoundral and cheat. He was a notorius gambler but had a great lucky streak. His father sent him far from his kingdom as an ambassidor to a small kingdom and hoped he would learn to be a leader. He soon realized his gift with dealing with people suited him perfectly with being a diplomat. He was assinated during a trade negotion. His body was found in the streets a few days later. No body know who killed him or why. His prized ring was lost thought forever lost until this auction.

Hope that helps

Gilladian

Adventurer
Silver Moon,
Here's a link to my very simple and underdeveloped campaign site. I'm happy to let you borrow any of the NPCs outlined there, or the maps (possibly the Emerald Dragon Inn would be of particular use). They're fairly crude scans of pencil maps, but usable I think.

Anyway, it is: http://home.hot.rr.com/vishteer

Gilladian

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Reader Suggestions

Dagger75, The Dracanor group will be designated guest group B17, the Ring of Fortune will be item C5, and the Druid Assassins (love the concept) will be A7. If you can provide me with a few more details (class, level, possessions etc.) about these individuals that would be very helpful (otherwise I'll just improvise).

Gilladin, you have a wealth of wonderful stuff on your web page. Here's what I've come up with:

I will definately use the map (and name) of the Emerald Dragon Inn as one of the buildings. I would also like to use two guest groups from your main continent.

Group B18, from Greenvale, would consist of the human Prince Starbow; Dmitri, the human wizard and Baron of Greenlake; the halfling treasurer Ganellon Tucker; and the elf bard Deniana Songweaver. They will be seeking to purchase item C6, a gem that was once the possession of the residents of the Cloudlands that will somehow also tie into Greenvale history. I would also like some more detail on the assassin that killed the Prince's father, to use as assassin group A8. (Do they have any affiliation with the Society of Black Mages? An assassin/mage group might be interesting.)

Group B19 will be from Greenvale's rival city, the dwarvan land of Harothar. I would like to use Prince Herru IV and at least one of his three main advisors. They will be seeking item C7, an ancient dwarven item yet to be determined that ties into the history of the reclusive dwarven land of Kovuz'd.

As I mentioned to Dagger75 above, any more detail on these characters would be appreciated, otherwise I will improvise. Thanks.

Silver Moon

Last edited:

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Gems and Jewelry

Following the suggestion of Polydamas, I have found some pics for some of the items in the auction.

The following is the picture of item C1, the Elf Stone of Llyr (detailed description on the "Kingdom of the Elves" thread)

Attachments

• elf stone of llyr.jpg
    elf stone of llyr.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 775

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Gems and Jewelry

The following is the picture of item C2, the Fire Ring of Gaeldor (detailed description on the "Kingdoms of the Elves" thread.

Attachments

• fire ring.jpg
    fire ring.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 617

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Jewelry and Gems

Dagger75 and Gilladian, Thanks for your help. Pictures of your suggested items are shown later in this thread.

Last edited:

Remove ads