• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Learn about D&D organized play options

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
March 18 was the original announcement, with the first Expeditions adventure March 13 at its debut convention - April 1 for general release.

Cheers!

aramis erak

Legend
Does the Elemental Evil storyline for D&D Encounters begin March 11th or march 18th?

Probably neither - Escape from Phlan (DDEX1-14) isn't allowed for play until 1 April 2015... according to the downloads page for Tyrany of Dragons explorations/encounters.

I doubt the new season actually begins until the old one's last adventure is elligible for play.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Probably neither - Escape from Phlan (DDEX1-14) isn't allowed for play until 1 April 2015... according to the downloads page for Tyrany of Dragons explorations/encounters.

I doubt the new season actually begins until the old one's last adventure is elligible for play.

They'll overlap a bit for those following at home.

However, Escape from Phlan (DDEX1-14) actually debuts at GottaCon (Feb 27-Mar 1), while City of Danger (DDEX2-1) debuts at ConnCon (Mar13-15).

Cheers!

Alphastream

Adventurer
The AL admins confirmed on Twitter that the 18th is the current planned date. (Dates could always slip if a production schedule changes)

Greyson

Explorer
Does the Elemental Evil storyline for D&D Encounters begin March 11th or march 18th?
I was asking about about D&D Encounters on Wednesday nights. Not sure what all of the D&DEX1-2-3 (or whatever) stuff refers to. Just wondering solely about Encounters. It looks like 18 March is the date for the new story arch to begin. Hopefully we'll see a pdf soon, like we did for Hoard of the Dragon Queen. Our Encounters group finished Episode 3 of HotDQ tonight. I guess we can mop-up next week, then wait for mid-March to see what happens.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I was asking about about D&D Encounters on Wednesday nights. Not sure what all of the D&DEX1-2-3 (or whatever) stuff refers to. Just wondering solely about Encounters. It looks like 18 March is the date for the new story arch to begin. Hopefully we'll see a pdf soon, like we did for Hoard of the Dragon Queen. Our Encounters group finished Episode 3 of HotDQ tonight. I guess we can mop-up next week, then wait for mid-March to see what happens.

DDEX is the prefix for D&D Expeditions adventures, generally run in 4-hour slots. DDEX1-1 is actually five one-hour adventures for PCs of levels 1 or 2. You might want to run that in the meantime.
DDEN is the prefix for D&D Encounters adaptations, run in 2-hour slots.

The Encounters season should begin on March 18. You may want to run a character creation session (Session 0) on March 11th.

Cheers!

Greyson

Explorer
Thanks!

Thanks for the insight and answers, guys. Stumbled across the following from the Adventurers League site on 22 Jan 2015

http://dndadventurersleague.org/storyline-seasons/elemental-evil/elemental-evil-adventures/

DnD Adventurers League said:
* The complimentary portion of Elemental Evil for use in D&D Encounters should be available mid-March.
* Player content for Princes of the Apocalypse will be released as a free pdf in mid-March
* D&D Encounters will start on/around March 18.

LoL, my favorite part is "on/around march 18." In the meantime, we may take MerricB's advice and delve into some DDEX1-1 the next few weeks.

Happy gaming!

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Oh totally you should be playing Expeditions. Personally I think they are miles better than Hoard/Rise, both in terms of story and variety of menaces. I recommend: Dues for the Dead, Secret of Sokol Keep and Tales Trees Tell. All offer a lot of variety in terms of storytelling. Just remember all Expeditions games need to be played via a store.

Im certainly myself looking forward to seeing what Mulmaster looks like in 5th Edition and what new story will be on offer. Sadly I dont get to play Expeditions much, but I hope to bring my DM credit baby, Valeria to Mulmaster for some adventuring.

Remove ads