LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antithetist

First Post
Hullo guys, fresh meat here.

I'm in the process of wrapping my head around this new-fangled 4E stuff at the moment, and hashing out some ideas for my first character. Wanted to clear a few queries up before I settle on one and get down to crunching stats.

1) Is there any sign of a new adventure opening up shortly? I see that Renau1g is currently starting one, but it looks as though I missed the boat for that. Is anything else in the pipeline?

2) Are there characters waiting to get into a game? It seems rather as if the tavern will be empty once this adventure gets started.

3) Any advice on what level of character I should be making if I want to see some action soon? How about role/class, do we have any noteable superfluities or shortages? I'm pretty flexible.

Don't get me wrong, I can be patient and sit tight for a fresh wave of players/games if I have to, but I just want to make sure I'm not shooting myself in the foot. Wouldn't want to make a level 1 Wizard if it turns out that everyone else is level 4+ and we have Controllers coming out our ears and begging on street corners for a party spot.

renau1g

First Post
Hullo guys, fresh meat here.

I'm in the process of wrapping my head around this new-fangled 4E stuff at the moment, and hashing out some ideas for my first character. Wanted to clear a few queries up before I settle on one and get down to crunching stats.

1) Is there any sign of a new adventure opening up shortly? I see that Renau1g is currently starting one, but it looks as though I missed the boat for that. Is anything else in the pipeline?

2) Are there characters waiting to get into a game? It seems rather as if the tavern will be empty once this adventure gets started.

3) Any advice on what level of character I should be making if I want to see some action soon? How about role/class, do we have any noteable superfluities or shortages? I'm pretty flexible.

Don't get me wrong, I can be patient and sit tight for a fresh wave of players/games if I have to, but I just want to make sure I'm not shooting myself in the foot. Wouldn't want to make a level 1 Wizard if it turns out that everyone else is level 4+ and we have Controllers coming out our ears and begging on street corners for a party spot.

Welcome to the site, Antithetist.

1) I'm fine if you want come on our short little trip. There's a ranger and warden about to head out, but I can insert you pretty easily. It'll be short though, maybe a couple months at most.

2) Tavern will be empty after the two PC's leave there

3) I've conducted a relatively recent survey in the post below. Only difference between then & now is the warden & ranger in the tavern. Note: every PC in LEB is at least level 4.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/5057012-post100.html

Also, if you're interested in level 1 starting point there's L4W setting.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

Antithetist

First Post
Cool, thanks for the helpful response. :)

I'd be only happy to jump onboard with your game, something short sounds like a good starting point. Warden and Ranger so far, hmm... I had some ideas for a Shaman, seems he'd be a nice fit so I guess I'll run with that. Hopefully I can get him written up by tomorrow.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Just FYI. I have an Eladrin that I'll be bringing into the tavern in the next couple of days. I almost got him completed last night, but didn't.

He does not need to go off on renau1g's short adventure, but there will be at least one more PC coming into the Tavern.

Walking Dad

First Post
I'm working on a level 4 valorous half-elf bard. You can start play before finishing the sheet with the DM's okay!? Will pos something in the tavern soon.

@Antithetist: Why don't you keep your wizard idea? Then we would have all roles in in possible group.

Antithetist

First Post
@Antithetist: Why don't you keep your wizard idea? Then we would have all roles in in possible group.

Sounds like a plan, but I have a shaman nearly finished now. :p

But no worries, he should hopefully be slipping belatedly into renau1g's game, so there'll be time to think about a possible second character after that.

Mezegis

First Post
Cool, looking forward to you slipping easily into our little venture :) someone with some kind of heal/buffing power is the last thing we need to have the big 3 (tank, DPS, and support)

Antithetist

First Post
Cool, looking forward to you slipping easily into our little venture :) someone with some kind of heal/buffing power is the last thing we need to have the big 3 (tank, DPS, and support)

Yup! Owlbears beware. Character is up for approval now... time to get started on a wizard I guess. Sleep is for the weak... ;)

renau1g

First Post
You can only make a second PC when your first one has received enough xp to level, I can tell you now the current adventure won't support that. Just to save you some work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads