• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

renau1g

First Post
oh...oh... if we do that maybe I can tie it into my current adventure? That would be lots of fun...The Cannith Caper Crew (CCC, or C^3) discover the secret experiments going on there... sounds like an interesting tweak to what I already have planned.

I suppose this would ruin a surprise element, but I really can't discuss with the majority of judges as they're all in that game, except THB & I.

evilbob

Explorer
Please keep in mind that Warforged are NOT machines. They are not mechanical in any way. They are constructs of living biological material (mostly woody fibers and such) and have a metal chassis, but are still animated living creatures, not just simple mechanical constructs. They do not have gears inside of them (at least not that I have ever read) or other mechanical or electrical components. Just remember that Warforged does NOT = Robot. Warforged are magically (arcanically?) animated, not mechanically animated.
I must confess that I play my worforged rather mechanically, but I don't think of him as a robot. Rather, somewhere between magic and mechanics is how he works. There aren't "gears" necessarily, but there are parts and pieces inside that move things around and do things. That's not to say they aren't magically powered, however. At the end of the day, he's both "alive" and "built." There's lots of gray area, and it's fun to RP somewhere in the middle.

(Plus there's like a million anime that have covered this area in a million different ways already, too...)

pathfinderq1

First Post
re: Shardminds as 'psi-forged'-

I actually kind of like this idea- it actually fits fairly well in a number of ways, and we have some 'warforged' who have already been refluffed as rocky creatures (or even weirder things). They could be a new race (either an evolution of warforged, or a new Cannith creation)- or they could be a recently rediscovered very old race (connected to the giants in Xen'drik and the mysterious ancient warforged components found there, for instance). Perhasp they even look roughly similar to normal warforged, and their crystalline components are primarily internal (or more specifically and setting-appropriate, they are dragonshards). In such a case, their shardswarm power and related abilities would be not actually crystalline shards, but released dragonshard energy that swirls around their shells.

ryryguy

First Post
Yeah, I was thinking shardminds would somehow be related to dragonshards, that seems like a natural fit.

(To the extent I was thinking about it at all, I'm pretty "meh" on both psionics and shardminds...)

EvolutionKB

First Post
It's good to see an idea that I stole the rpg.net forums getting some minds going. I like the psi-forged idea myself, especially incorporating dragonshards. I still think we can make the original fluff work too though. Perhaps the original gate was could be reached from The Reaches, and the Gatekeepers had failed to protect it....etc etc.

Kalidrev

First Post
That would SO rock R1!! Surprise aside, it would be cool to incorporate that (though quite honestly, the idea of going up against one isn't so pleasant right now, lol.)

Kalidrev

First Post
I agree! A proposal is in order (but I always like to let the non-judges do them so that all judges can get their votes in).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads