LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ahm, wonders of no-backup system. Sooner or later they go to heavenly plains.

What about all the characters there, active and others. Everything lost?

Maybe for the next one on judges mail goes link AND TEXT from the page.

renau1g

First Post
Morrus is working on it and I'm sure they have server back-ups (at least I would hope so).

We can continue to play, don't you all have back-ups of your PC's? You probably should have. I know I have all my PC's CS's saved on my hard drive. I don't have the links to XP or treasure, but that would only take a bit of time to recover.

If they can't get it back in any form we'll need to discuss what next steps are, but lets see what comes of Morrus' efforts.

Velmont

First Post
Also, thanks to Google, I have retrieved 80% of the character sheets of my players and mine. And I have all my own characters saved in the character builder.

renau1g

First Post
Yeah the google cache should still have the info, I think that's how much of the info was recovered back in the great server crash of '05 (or thereabouts). Velmont, were you playing then?

Velmont

First Post
Yeah I was. That's partly why I got that reflex to go to google. The great sad thing, it is we lost part of the adventure I was in, Assassin's Knot. That have been my favorite adventure on ENWorld since I play... That's one main reason why I loved so much Rinaldo. Such a great character, the best social character of LEW, not at all optimized for combat. Great time. And Google didn't had in cache a whole month of that adventure, and some good post :(

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I recovered my characters and those of a friend in less then 10 minutes. Unfortunately, I don't know how to specify time range, but I guess changes within month won't be so great to be unrecoverable by memory.

Happy googling everyone! :)

EvolutionKB

First Post
Good and Great news today!

I bought a netbook!

I have and can now use the CB. It was the first thing I did! Yay. It is quite cool, and I can't wait to play with it once I'm done with my standard updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads