LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilbob

Explorer
Dazed is a very powerful status effect, actually. It's right up there with blind and it's the low-level version of stun, which is one of the best. Few classes get daze effects at very low level, and an area-of-effect daze is even better.

Edit: Actually, I think that's maybe the reason stinking cloud is so amazingly powerful: it's effectively a "blind" status on top of auto-damage over a very large area.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Yeah and it's incredible range. I am lamenting choosing to memorize Summon Magma Beast for Ashir right now ... :(

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Testing the new format buttons.

OOC: This is out of character.

I'm thinking for my character. Evil, evil thoughts.

GM: And this is the word of God (errr... DM).

Not sure if I like this new or old. Hmm.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Dazed is a very powerful status effect, actually. It's right up there with blind and it's the low-level version of stun, which is one of the best.

Yeah, I don't see it. Dazed is nice, but it is nowhere near Blinded (-5 to hit is huge). Dazed often results in little change in the encounter. It's main advantage is Combat Advantage, not so much the lack of OAs. And if melee PCs take advantage of the Dazed NPC Combat Advantage by moving in and attacking, then they allow the Dazed foe to use most any non-Ranged attack in response.

I would rate the conditions along with how I rate them this way (for the non-obvious ones):

Dominated
Stunned / Restrained / Unconscious / Petrified
Blinded
Weakened
Immobilized (Weakened gets a slight edge over Immobilized since many foes have some type of ranged or area attacks, half damage all of the time is better than full damage most of the time and no damage some of the time)
Dazed (Immobilized gets a slight edge over Dazed. Dazed prevents OAs, gets CA, prevents flank, and is limited to one action, but Immobilizied almost always prevents a melee attack option, it's basically + 2 to hit (10% additional chance of hitting) vs. the much more than 10% of foes that cannot attack at all or are limited to a weaker non-melee attack, these are close though)
Prone (Dazed has no OA and gives CA all of the time, Prone has an extra minor and gives CA some of the time, so Dazed wins out)
Marked (Prone almost always forces a Move to stand, so Prone typically has one fewer action and limited mobility, the CA for some attacks with Prone is a wash with the penalty to hit for some attacks with Marked)
Slowed (the limited move for Slowed rarely does anything, but the target selection of Marked is controlling)
Deafened

CaBaNa

First Post
The concept that any one condition is better every time is misguiding. The logic used to say one is better than another, discounts a number of factors, and is fallacious.

evilbob is correct, this is all theory, I'm done discussing it in those terms.

What I will say is this, if Mythra has more fun leading with Color Spray, that is what Mythra should do. If the other members allow that to affect their fun, they aren't likely playing the game for fun, but to "win".

"winning" is not the point here, having fun is the point. In fact, I'm pretty sure there is no "winning" in D&D.

Sidenote:

I'm totally into these for when my characters are thinking. :lol: However it does contrast too much from the rest of the forums style.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
I'd add to your experience, but I can't...

Congratulations on beating Al Gore ;)

Also, I'm curious as to this Walking Dead t.v. show, will it be available stateside as well?

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
I'm going to get my revenge soon enough :p

an N+3 encounter, but using MM3 monsters shall I have my revenge!

Edit: Everyone beats Al Gore by driving our cars every day, or buying lots of plastic things, etc. Take that environment!

j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads