Legacy of Death Part VI: Like a Snake Eating its Own Tail...and it is Dead

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
(Simorai, I have a classic view for enworld, and its really hard for me to see your font color, if you want a color, I guess pick one that is slightly brighter)

The mass of the rubble(s) seem to be somewhat less then the statue.

Symbols on the statue, not really. Markings...maybe a closer look (ie perception check).

Jin Abackis

Explorer
I have this funny feeling that I’m being lured in, but I take a closer look and make a perception check (34).
I have this funny feeling that I’m being lured in, but I take a closer look and make a perception check (34).

(I wasn't using a color but do either of these work better?)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I can see the first line clearly. Red is the "nar" color. Light blue is fine...but you should actually only use it for in character dialogue.

You take a very good look.

Bite marks?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
It could have been. Assuming it is 1) very old, 2)some accelerated decay, either from the weakness of the statue or the environment, or 3) some interaction that would cause it to start to breakdown. (or some combination there of).

This in turn implies that the statue statue is of course relatively recent.

(more map revealed). You can actually go east, south of where you were, or south-west.

Jin Abackis

Explorer
I mention to the group that a relatively recent (stone) statue and chewed up piles of former statues may be the work of a basilisk. Keep your eyes open or closed.

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Forge, the water flows swiftly. From the right vantage point outside it might be something to see. You see no treasure or other notable items within it.

When you are ready, let me know if you are heading out the south east corner, the south west corner, or just heading out. You can always jump in the waterfall.

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Simorai takes a peak around the south west corner. If he sees anything that looks like a lizard, he tries not to look at it directly and averts his eyes.
He is also pretty sure he forgot his anti-gaze, mirror glasses on his workbench. But he takes a quick look in his backpack anyway. These are his own design with mirrors on the front to reflect the gaze and a series of angled mirrors behind the front mirror that allows the user to see forward. Someday Simorai will explain the magic of optics from the school of physics to Nar. Let him find that one in his book of vile darkness.

Remove ads