• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy of the Silver Dragon - Day 2 (Interlude)

gambler1650

Explorer
Antares, Muzdin, Stellan

As Antares unfurls the parchment with his copy of the runes on them, Dysare goes silent as if studying them. When he turns to aside to Muzdin, his former teacher draws in a breath. "Antares.. Cover that. Now." She doesn't sound angry, rather she sounds very worried. While Antares is (presumably) doing what she asks, she says "I have no idea what it is, but I felt something in my mind. Not from the outside, but rather as if my mind was trying to change itself to match something in the drawings. And..." her frown deepens, "Antares, I don't think you left the stroke out of the drawing that you think you did. It looked... and felt, complete."

Beatrix

"I don't know..." Siarla says, between mouthfuls of food. "The North is so cold!" Yes, this young woman appears to like her creature comforts. But she cocks her head, "Handsome? And... many?" She drifts off for a second as if imagining some scene, a slight flush on her cheeks. Then she shakes herself visibly, "The adventurers? Well, unusual these days in that they're such a... diverse group. An elf, a dwarf, a human.... Oh, and a halfling. I know the human is named Stellan. He's nice.. I don't know much about the others though, except that the elf and Stellan seem to be friends. Not sure why, but well... Um, I don't think they've had any adventures previously. We've been joking that they just kind of fell down the well and found the young girl, and now are being treated as heroes. I mean, I'm sure they're very brave and all, but it seems kind of lucky."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Did I not?" frowns the young elf, foolishly yet considering the parchment before him. "But I noted it down here in this caption: 'The crab ascendant.' (That would be this part of the pattern, to the right). 'Tip of left claw should connect with spiral leg.'? In truth, I was more worried of the converse, that lines did not connect that should, for blood, it seems, does not flow entirely as smooth as finest ink, requiring that quill be dip-" Then he finally spots her expression and lets the parchment furl back into itself once more, though leaving it still on the table for now... "Is that why I have not yet been affected? Because we now share a part of each other?" Which is a worry in itself, probably?

<Response Dysare?>

OOC: I'm assuming the line Antares thinks he left out is *still* out? The rune didn't heal itself or something?

"A mental transformation spell then?" Is it strange, on reflection, that he has never thought of the five-fold star as anything but a clear and most importantly present entity? Not runes carved long ago and forgotten below the town, to drip their uncaring malice into what innocents might look upon them in wonder, no. An arrow of stone and intent, rather, still quivering and forever aware (if perhaps uncaring of mortal things...?). He leans forward: "Who here would know of such things, Teacher?" Hopefully: "Perhaps some document in Lord Romani's collection?"

He has never had opportunity to even see it, but it is widely known as the most extensive collection in town, as befit a sage with a seat on Eliaesel's Council?

OOC: Just a suggestion, as always. :)

Last edited:

Goldhammer

First Post
"Oh cold is not that bad. After awhile, you become so tough, you don't even notice it. Farm boys help too." Beatrix adds with a sly smile.

"As for these adventurers of yours, well sometimes hero is someone who is having good luck. And if luck can save young girl, then who is to complain?" Beatrix says. "Of course, hero with blessing of Malborka is better than hero with just plain luck. In fact, very likely heroes have Malborka's guidance if they saved this girl. Malborka likes it when girls not die in well."

"But, please be telling me more about town. Other than captain of guard and adventurers, anyone else in town I should watch out for?"

gambler1650

Explorer
Antares, Muzdin, Stellan

Stellan looks away from the table from the very beginning of Antares' unfurlings and rolls his eyes as he hears the elf continue to obviously examine the drawing after Dysare's admonition.

And then Antares sees it. With his teacher's comment, the portion of the rune he drew which should have been missing a linkage, and to his eye HAD been missing the linkage, suddenly appears whole again. He can feel the change in his mind, back to normal when he didn't even realize there had been a change in what he was seeing before. He can even remember now the moment when he drew the part separately and then his hand had drawn it anyway even while his mind insisted that he hadn't.

Beatrix
Siarla theatrically shivers at the mention of cold, and then contradicts the reaction with, "Well, it gets cold here in the winters too!" with the blissfulness of one who thinks the world outside can't be far different from her own experiences. She nods agreeably enough to Beatrix's comments about luck and Anna. And when asked, she begins to babble happily for awhile, giving you information on where everything of importance, and some areas not all that important (assume you hear all rumors from her that were on the very first post of the campaign.. and any of the shops/craftsmen - if you can't find it, let me know).

Binder Fred

Antares, Muzdin, Stellan

The young elf jerks back from the sheet as if stung, letting the parchment furl back into itself once more, a seemingly innocent roll of animal skin gently rocking on Teacher Dysare's table...

"Ah, well, it seems I was not quite as immune as -um- nascent pride would have led me to believe?" he communicates after an uncomfortable licking of suddenly dry lips. After which he details his sudden realization, concluding with: "It -ah- seems this particular pattern was conceived to... spread?" He swallows, not liking that conclusion at all!

"I knew it! I *knew* there was something wrong with that scroll," exclaims Stellan, suspicions confirmed.

"Is there perhaps way of... disarming it?" quickly interjects Antares before Muzdin can quite finish opening his mouth (and very likely propose immediate burning of dangerous knowledge, secrets best left unknown (Such a waste if it were to come to that!). He lays both his hands on the table, trying to smother their slight trembling with applied pressure, to marshal his thoughts in sudden, unforeseen crisis... "What if we were to - carefully - slice the roll itself in half? Open but one at a time?" Would that satisfy? ask anxious green eyes.

<He's addressing the proposal to his companions - Muzdin in particular but Stellan too - as much as to Dysare: Response Muzdin/Stellan and Dysare? (and sorry for pre-emptively cutting you off, VV :))>

OOC: If they still have something to show after this, he'll bring up the Romani question again, as detailed in my last post, please.
OOC: EDIT= There's a list of major NPCs at the begining of the Chapter 1 Thread as well, [MENTION=85946]Goldhammer[/MENTION]. Here.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdim puts a -.- face and then said "Break it in two" he took his knife out. "You'll need both parts for the glyph to work aye?"

Binder Fred

"That would be the general hope," strongly agrees Antares before glancing, almost shyly, at the two remaining parties...

<Response Dysare/Stellan?>

<Should they both be in favour (or at least unopposed):

"Perhaps Stellan?" he proposes to the dwarven priest, thinking it might perhaps give his friend some measure of... balance against the toll of yesterday's events?

<Response Muzdin/Stellan?>

Whatever the case, the young elf stands, wooden chair quietly scrapping the floor behind him, and seizes the roll of parchment with both hands, slightly above the mid, pressing it down to the table for ease of cutting (or maybe as if it were likely to struggle?). "Here, in this space between my thumbs?" That is probably where they should cut -- that at least the five-fold star, that most important of clues, be mostly intact?

<Tag the cutter :)>

[Sblock=OOC]What's a -.- face, VV? Not familiar with that one (He looks like a little sleepy guy to me :)).[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"What?" Muzdim looks confused at an (hopefully) also confused Stellan "You over-think stuff elf." the dwarf says, and cuts through the scroll at the pointed place.

Remove ads