Legacy of the Silver Dragon (Swords and Wizardry Core, 4th Ed)

gambler1650

Explorer
Well, I'll just have to do my darndest for him to survive then. :D

Here's my completed character. Do we have a Rogue's gallery I can post him in once he's approved? I took Elvish, Old One (the dead language we were talking about), Faery and Elemental for my languages. Is that alright?
I'll make up a Rogue's Gallery/History thread soon...

The character looks cool... :)

WISHLIST: Magical armor of some kind (Elven chain?)

Let me think about it... I had suggested to Matt that I might allow wizards something along the lines of a Staff that would give +1 first level spell per day (any of the spells known). I'll think about what level of special items I want to possibly provide starting characters and get back to you on that.

gambler1650

Explorer
So here's where we stand...

Three characters mostly done, though again, if Matt wants to change things, he's welcome to do so.

Whizbang Dustyboots: Let me know what your equipment list looks like, and if there's a special (relatively low power) item you'd want to have. Family heirloom or similar. If you just want to give me a 'class' of item (armor, weapon, clothing, tools), I can try to come up with something.

So, I'm about to post the background and some 'Conversations Overheard' on this thread:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/310474-legacy-silver-dragon-s-w-4th-ed.html

Once the 'Conversations around Town' post is up, feel free to pick a conversation and jump in...

If you have specific parts of the town/world you're interested in, please ask me, and I'll provide information on it.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Let me think about it...
Up to you, but that was a wishlist of item(s) I woud like my character to eventually get during the course of the adventure. Note that Antares becomes a lot more powerful with magical armor on, so it's a pretty big gift...

In view of his poor rolls, maybe you could allow Matt to make two substitutions instead of just one?

gambler1650

Explorer
I realized afterwards that's probably what you meant... :)

Will keep it in mind...

And yes, thinking about it... I can allow two substitutions, if Matt wants to do so.

Last edited:

gambler1650

Explorer
Got in touch with Fenris, he'll still be playing but probably won't be checking in til next week. He indicated that he'll be playing a Cleric, most likely.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
That's good news! Antares can easily spare, say, 31 gp (leaving him, Antares, with 3gp on which to live on).

To account for it IC, I suggest we link our backgrounds more closely --- say best friends instead of just friends? What did you have in mind for him?

mdengler

First Post
ok, I've switched to fighter. I rolled terrible for gold so I'd be happy to accept your generous offer of help in that department. Having them be close friends since childhood will work just fine for me. I hadn't fleshed out too many details so far so I'll go with your lead - did you envision them as lifelong locals or new to the area? I'm toying with the idea of a young man frustrated between his love of the town, and concern for its safety and prosperity, and a sense that greedy politics and corruption is its worst enemy. Does that work with your ideas at all?

Remove ads