• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy of the Stone Assembly, Chapter I: The Cabal, The Quill, and the Concord

Shayuri

First Post
"What? Why didn't you say something?" Thorn demands. "Come on!"

She heads back out into the hallway, then glances back at her search buddy with an amused look.

"Unless you want to cuddle with the succubus a little? I'm sure she wouldn't mind."

"I said something the very moment I came in, but what is this about a succubus? Is that the nature of the spirit herein? If so perhaps we should leave quickly, before it attempts some mischief."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"It's already 'attempted mischief,'" Thorn tells Prometheus impishly, making little scare marks in the air around the last two words. "And I dunno if it's really a succubus, but it's definitely some kind of sex spirit."

Not that I'm any kind of expert on THOSE, she almost adds, but bites her tongue. That'd definitely fall into the 'TMI' category.

She lingers in the hallway, waiting for Prometheus to catch up before moving on to rejoin the others.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
When Thorn and Prometheus reached the bottom of the stairs, Jeremiah was just finishing explaining his findings to Gabriel.

"I was just telling Gabriel here that, although the pages of sheet music you see over on the piano, yonder, have not been subject to any spells, they have been...ahh...subjected to some supernatural force. I'm afraid it's beyond my arts to say just what, but I'm now quite certain that the pages are both highly important and related to our search. Would you like to have a go at them?"

He set his glasses back on the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger, then gave a small bowed gesture of welcome, like a waiter showing his patrons to their table.

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn suppresses the urge to roll her eyes and strolls over to look the sheet music over, then the piano itself.

After a second she says, "It's locked shut." Then she adds, "Where's the spirit?"

(Can seeing into the twilight look past material obstacles?)

Annalist

First Post
Everyone was here now. Finally. Mitchell rubbed his tired eyes. "I think it's in the piano," he replied.

What would Melchior do in this situation? he wondered. The older man had such a way with spirits. They actually did what he asked or commanded. Which was a heck of a lot more than what Mitch was able to accomplish on his own. The thought of the thing wailing back in the kitchen still set him on edge. Some exorcist I'm gonna be, he snarked.

"Jeremiah thinks we might be on the right track," he repeated, like a broken record. "I figured that we should all be in this together, if this happens to be the spirit we're searching for. I've got a feeling we're close though."

"So, who's good at picking locks?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Huh," Thorn hmphed to herself. "Before we let it out..."

She leaned over and knocked her knuckles on the wood of the piano.

"Hey in there! What are you doing? Who are you?"

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
"Huh," Thorn hmphed to herself. "Before we let it out..."

She leaned over and knocked her knuckles on the wood of the piano.

"Hey in there! What are you doing? Who are you?"

"I am a catalog of the events of The Alpha," replied the voice of a warm, kindly old man.
[sblock=rolls]Spirit: 7 dice, 1 success. Thorn: Resolve (2) + Composure (3) = 5 dice, 1 success.[/sblock]
Briefly, Thorn considered picking up the pen on the piano and taking notes on what the spirit was saying, using the sheet music as a notepad. She decided instead to leave the papers alone.

"It boasts the first National Historic Site designated by Congress, Salem Maritime National Historic Site, which protects Salem's historic waterfront. Born in Salem, Massachusetts to housewright Joseph McIntire and Sarah (Ruck), he was a woodcarver by trade who grew into the practice of architecture. The Bowditch House is significant both architecturally and historically."

OOC said:
The preceding was heard only by those who have some method of hearing creatures in Twilight, which I believe includes Gabriel, Thorn, and Levanna.

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn frowns and stands up again.

"It said it was the catalog of the events of 'the alpha,'" she reports with a confused shake of her head. "That makes no sense. And then it just starts jabbering like a tour guide, talking about historical sites."

She looks at the sheet music curiously, then picks it up to get a closer look, wondering if anyone else had actually used the thing as note paper for the whole diatribe.

Remove ads