• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy of the Stone Assembly, Chapter I: The Cabal, The Quill, and the Concord

"Hang on Thorn, I think I found another. It may simply be fear like the first, but I will need a moment to examine its resonance trail. In either case, it seems worth getting close, as sight will tell us more about it than any amount of the examination of nearby patterns."

He'll motion Thorn toward the origin of this new resonance, while analyzing it further for its most prominent quality.

rolls: same as before

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
He'll motion Thorn toward the origin of this new resonance, while analyzing it further for its most prominent quality.
[sblock=Scrutinize Resonance]6 dice, 3 successes[/sblock]
Prometheus focused intently upon the child's bed, from which a strong, tainted resonance pulsated. Flecks of shimmering gold clung to the pillow, and an overwhelming hunger emanated out from the center of the bed. Prometheus recognized the sensation; it felt much like resonance from the operating table his mentor, Charles, kept in his study. Charles had used that table for just one purpose: ripping the souls out of his sacrifices.

A Tremere had used this bed.

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn sighed and leaned against the doorframe, but waved a hand acquiescently at Prometheus. As he stared intently at the bed, her mind wandered and she looked over at the pullrope to the attic, then at the clawed brass foot of the bathtub.

Wonder if there's a spell to make that thing walk around on those. Hm.

She glanced back at her 'buddy,' then.

"Done yet?"

As Thorn catches Prometheus' eyes, his entire face hardens noticeably as the foul resonance of Charles' kind floods his arcane senses. He begins in a somewhat light tone, but his expression remains hard throughout his words. Some feelings are to vivid to squash completely.

"It seems the resonance I picked up was just that of another mage who passed here earlier, although I would recommend against touching the bed. It seems some rather seedy activities have taken place there somewhat recently. That child is most definitely a ghost."

He'll take a bit more time to fully analyze the resonance, and to memorise the signature of the lich for future reference, even if it means momentarily abandoning his spirit seer. However, once he finishes, he'll quickly catch up with her if he's left behind.
[sblock=rolls]I hope you don't mind too much, but I rolled myself for the subterfuge check here (no successes). I figured it wasn't like it would make all that much of a difference, and it helps me with roleplaying. If its ok, let me know.[/sblock]

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
He'll take a bit more time to fully analyze the resonance, and to memorise the signature of the lich for future reference, even if it means momentarily abandoning his spirit seer.

Although he didn't recognize the Lich who had performed the foul rite by resonance, Prometheus was certain he'd never forget this particular mixture of soulless evil and passionate hunger.

[sblock=rolls]
I hope you don't mind too much, but I rolled myself for the subterfuge check here (no successes). I figured it wasn't like it would make all that much of a difference, and it helps me with roleplaying. If its ok, let me know.
No problem. I've been rolling stuff for people because A) I can demonstrate a readable format for writing out rolls and B) putting out the math in full lets us correct errors from playres and ST alike. I'm not worried about cheating on rolls, I just want uniformity for reading back later.[/sblock]

Annalist

First Post
"Hold up Mitchell. There's one... um.. I think inside this piano," Levanna said hesitantly.
Mitchell sighed. Apparently, no one had heard his shout. Glancing back at the foreboding sheet music, he wondered what to do about it. Instinct cautioned him to keep his distance. "I think we better get the others and start comparing notes before we go any further," he suggested to Levanna. The hesitancy in his voice was unmistakable. The young Obrimos was wary of messing with things beyond his ability to properly handle.

Making his way over to the foot of the staircase, he yelled up to Thorn and Prometheus, "You guys find anything yet?! Got some weird stuff down here!"

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Jeremiah shook the cylinder, moaning arcane formulae in the ancient tongue. A strip of bamboo fell out of the slit in the bottom of the cylinder, into his palm. Carved in a florid, gold-inlayed strip, it read:
"When people hear good music, it makes them homesick for something they never had and never will have." -Edgar Watson Howe

Jeremiah meandered nonchalantly into the antechamber, and cleared his throat to get Gabriel's attention.

"My investigation so far points to music as an important element in finding the spirit. May have something to do with homesickness, as well. I heard Levanna say something about a piano--do you think these clues might be related?"

Prometheus calls back down the stairs, "We have found naught but a fearful ghost so far, but it seems as though we must find all of these spirits to determine of which the Nemean desires to rid himself. But what of this weird stuff you have found? Have you found a spirit, which resembles the spirit of revisionist history we seek?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Oh my god," Thorn mutters. "Do you always talk like that?"

She shakes her head and strolls across the hall to poke her head into the bathroom and take a peek. From there, assuming she doesn't see anything interesting, she tries each door in the hallway as she goes down it towards the end with the pull rope.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
She shakes her head and strolls across the hall to poke her head into the bathroom and take a peek. From there, assuming she doesn't see anything interesting, she tries each door in the hallway as she goes down it towards the end with the pull rope.

The bathroom and two other, smaller bedrooms were still, clean, and a bit dusty. Nothing lurked in the insubstantial Twilight of those rooms; as far as Thorn could see, they hadn't been used, or visited, in some time. The master bedroom had a strange, lingering odor to it--musky, with a cloying after effect of lavender-scented candles. In the material realm, everything seemed very still. Perring into the Twilight, though, Thorn saw a tomboyish young woman in heavy eye makeup lazily stretch and sit up on the bed.

hella_tellah-albums-legacy-stone-assembly-picture321-lusty-spirit.jpg

"Mmmmm. Hi there," she growled in a sultry, yet girlish soprano. "Have you come to keep me company?"

Remove ads