• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy of the Stone Assembly, Chapter I: The Cabal, The Quill, and the Concord

Shayuri

First Post
"Mmm," Thorn said as she paused. "Spirit in the bedroom over there," she jerked a thumb towards the right. "Sounds like a crying kid. I'm gonna try to talk to it."

She glances at Prometheus and raises a quizzical eyebrow on seeing him react to nothing she could sense.

"Uh. You okay?"

Standing back up, and attempting to remain steady, Prometheus glances back to the fear once more, and quickly averts his gaze.

"I will be fine, there is just such strong emotion in this place. Maybe the fear on these stairs and the bedroom could have something to do with your ghost therein. In any case, I would advise caution, for anything that could cause such strong emotion may be powerful in its own right."

Having regained his calm at this point, he'll follow the trail of fear and attempt to locate its source, from a safe position of behind the spirit seer.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Thorn and Prometheus crept carefully toward the bedroom on the right. The door was slightly ajar, and Thorn pushed it open, her body poised and ready to act. Inside, moonlight shone in through the window on the right, making a square shaft of light in the dust hanging in the air. To the left was a twin sized bed, about the right size for a ten-year-old kid, and a dresser stood under the window, to the right. Thorn heard a child's sniffling, shuddering breathing from behind the closed, sliding closet doors.

Prometheus heard nothing, but saw the trail of brilliant orange terror wind through the center of the room and back into the closet.

BlueLotus

Explorer
Levanna fell into step behind Mitchel. Despite her snooty attitude that she came into the house with, she was grateful that Mitchel was taking the lead and inwardly sighed with relief. With her spirit sense she was afraid that the other mages were going to be looking to her to be some kind of leader, or something.

Holding onto her second sight, she tried to ignore the old artifacts and art objects they passed, no matter how appealing they were. She instead focused on the "Spirit World," as she knew the Twilight.

[sblock=ooc]Levanna will assist Mitchell however she can. =)[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn warily approached the closet, mindful of her companion's warning.

"Stay back a bit," she says to Prometheus. "I've got protections against spirits going."

Then she turns her attention to the closet door...which she knocks on softly.

"Hey in there," Thorn calls through the door in a slightly higher pitched voice, speaking slowly as if to a child. "What's the matter? Are you lost? Do you need help?"

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Holding onto her second sight, she tried to ignore the old artifacts and art objects they passed, no matter how appealing they were. She instead focused on the "Spirit World," as she knew the Twilight.

As Levanna approached the piano, she noticed that it's Twilight form was shaking slightly. On closer inspection, it appeared that something was struggling to open the lid, rattling the lock on the front. She felt something inside the piano reach out to her weakly, whispers in her mind that vanished without effect.

"Hey in there," Thorn calls through the door in a slightly higher pitched voice, speaking slowly as if to a child. "What's the matter? Are you lost? Do you need help?"

"I'm s-sorry, momma!" returned a child's voice, audible only to Thorn. "We didn't mean to see. We were just p-p-playing!"

As Thorn leaned in to hear the voice, Prometheus felt the fear wash over him again, mixed with confusion and regret.

"Wait, it seems that when you move closer it becomes much more agitated. Perhaps it would be better to attempt to calm it from farther away. Actually, there is no anger at present, only confusion and regret, so perhaps you may safely approach it."

Racking his mind for a spell that could be of use in the situation but finding none, Prometheus will begin to search for other resonance patterns in the area, while ensuring that he maintains focus on the current one.

[sblock=rolls]only taking one action this time, just in case something comes up. He'll likely take another, but if he does, I'll repost.
3 Int + 5 Occult -2 Density = 6 dice[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn makes a face.

"This just got to a whole new level of creepy," she declares to Prometheus. "Ghost, I think. Sounds like a little kid."

Alone and scared out of his wits...for God only knows how long. And they say there's no hell.

She shakes her head. "Lets keep moving for now. Just get the inventory. We can decide our next move when we've got that."

For a moment, her gaze lingers on the closet door full of pity and some regret...

Stay focused, Jun...sorry kid.

Then she heads for the bedroom door, meaning to complete the sweep of the upstairs before going on to the attic.

BlueLotus

Explorer
"Hold up Mitchell. There's one... um.. I think inside this piano," Levanna said hesitantly. Unsure of what sort of horrors she could loose on this or other worlds, she didn't touch the latch.

"Uh... hi Mr. Ghost. Or Mrs. You having trouble?" She felt positively stupid.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Prometheus will begin to search for other resonance patterns in the area, while ensuring that he maintains focus on the current one.
[sblock=rolls]
Only taking one action this time, just in case something comes up. He'll likely take another, but if he does, I'll repost.
3 Int + 5 Occult -2 Density = 6 dice
3 successes. Enough to identify the resonance, but needs 2 more successes to get a Quality.[/sblock]

Prometheus examined the child's room, scanning its resonance. The room was filled with the aura of fear, confusion and regret that was radiating out from the closet, but was strongest along a trail from the door to the closet. He also noted another potent resonance, related but distinct.

Then she heads for the bedroom door, meaning to complete the sweep of the upstairs before going on to the attic.

Thorn stood in the doorway to the child's room. Directly across the hallway, the door to the bathroom was ajar. She saw an old clawfoot bathtub with a vinyl curtain around it, and a sink with a mirror over it just to the right of the bathtub. Down the hall on her right were three more doors, all of them open. At the far end of the hallway, a cord dangled from the ceiling for pulling down the stairs to the attic; she figured she could just barely grab it if she stood on her tiptoes.

"Uh... hi Mr. Ghost. Or Mrs. You having trouble?" She felt positively stupid.

"I seem to be trapped within this piano, I'm afraid," came the reply from inside the piano. The voice was that of an older man, warm and full, and it was accompanied by a smell of musky cologne and pipe tobacco. "The Council then decided that these homes must be preserved. When asked about the location of the pendant, he merely replied, 'neither above the earth, nor below it.' Do take notes, please. They resolved, therefore, to leave their daggers behind. Ever cautious, Lucretia made no mention of her apprentice."

Last edited:

Remove ads