Legacy of the Stone Assembly, Chapter I: The Cabal, The Quill, and the Concord

Solarious

Explorer
Wonderful. Spirits. One of the myriad areas where I'm told I'm woefully deficient. "Well, I'm afraid I don't have a Compelling of Spirit to rub between my Knowing and my Unveiling, so I'm afraid I'll have to concede the initiative to those more qualified..."

[sblock=OOC]The Shadow is probably one of the areas Jeremiah won't be pontificating on very much... I do have an improvised spell I could use to help locate spirits in twilight, a conjunctional Space2/Mind2 version of Sense Consciousness and Spatial Map to pinpoint what I detect, with a duration of Concentration and the advanced area factors.

Of course, unless someone tells poor, suspicious Jeremiah that Spirits intruders exist in twilight, he won't be using that particular spell.[/sblock]

Annalist

First Post
Hella_Tellah said:
The spirit turned with a confused look in his eye to stare at Gabriel.

"You-- you can see me?" it said.
"Unfortunately," Mitchell mumbled under his breath. "Er, yeah I can see you and I can definitely hear you too. What's with all the screaming? It's rather excessive, dontcha think?" He had met some loud spirits before but this one took the cake. "Hey, you don't happen to be a spirit of history by any chance?" It was a shot in the dark but he figured that it couldn't hurt. "'Cause I'm looking for one that hangs out around here in this mansion. Maybe you've seen it?"

Mitchell caught a few of the other mages giving him funny looks. To them, he appeared to be talking to thin air. "There's a spirit here. It's a screamer," he explained. That only drew blank stares. "No, really."

Melchior was so right. Mediums really were a very misunderstood bunch.

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn brightens at Michael's revelation, and nods.

"You can see spirits too? Great! That makes this easier."

She looks around at the others.

"I figure what we should do is break into two teams...no wait! Three! Yeah. Gabriel can go with one, I'll go with another. We'll both sweep the house from top to bottom and find all the spirits. Then when we meet, we'll make a list of all the ones we found so that we can see which one doesn't fit in."

"And someone else can go around and read all the little...signs and things they have in these tourist houses. They talk about the history of everything, so there's probably something we can use on some of them. Then, once we know the history, and we know what spirit, we just go find it again and kick its ectoplasmic rear end outta here."

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
"Unfortunately," Mitchell mumbled under his breath. "Er, yeah I can see you and I can definitely hear you too. What's with all the screaming? It's rather excessive, dontcha think?" He had met some loud spirits before but this one took the cake. "Hey, you don't happen to be a spirit of history by any chance?" It was a shot in the dark but he figured that it couldn't hurt. "'Cause I'm looking for one that hangs out around here in this mansion. Maybe you've seen it?"

"Please," the spirit shrieked pitifully, "You've got to help me! The bearded one has been keeping me prisoner here for so long. Please, set me free! I'll tell you anything you want if you just set me free!"

BlueLotus

Explorer
Levanna had to consciously close her gaping jaw. "Gabriel... while your bluntness is a refreshing change from the usual politically correct nonsense all around us, don't you think that this task would require a bit more than asking them 'Hey! Are you the bad guy?'" she asked, a bit more rudely than she intended. Later, she would regret it. She thought the whole test was a bit silly, but she didn't have to take it out on a peer.

She drew her Athame, her ritual dagger, stood, and retreated to an open corner of the room. She chanted softly to herself and began to ceremoniously mark her circle of power with the point of the blade sweeping the air around her. She invoked the Wardens of the East, North, South, and West, and projected her conscious to the unseen. She opened her senses to the room again, searching for the spirits the others had mentioned.

[sblock=ooc]For now, Levanna is going to use Spirit to open her senses to the spirits in the house. [/sblock]

Annalist

First Post
A ha! Mitchell had guessed right about Thorn. She does know about spirits and stuff, he concluded. And she had even come up with a nice plan to scour the house for their target. Stepping in closer to the milling group, he turned to the young girl and nodded his approval, "Sounds good to me. Do you want me to start from the top or the bottom?"

Hella_Tellah said:
"Please," the spirit shrieked pitifully, "You've got to help me! The bearded one has been keeping me prisoner here for so long. Please, set me free! I'll tell you anything you want if you just set me free!"
Holding his index finger up to his lips, Mitchell growled, "Shhh. I'm trying to hear what Thorn is saying. Gimme a sec." Sheesh, he thought, this thing's a pain in the keister. Wonder why the Hierarch hasn't just banished it already. Oh well, he probably has his reasons.

BlueLotus said:
"Gabriel... while your bluntness is a refreshing change from the usual politically correct nonsense all around us, don't you think that this task would require a bit more than asking them 'Hey! Are you the bad guy?'" she asked, a bit more rudely than she intended.
Levanna hadn't said much throughout the night, so it surprised him when she spoke. Mitchell shrugged and indicated The Nemean with a quick tilt of his head. "He wasn't at all what I was expecting. So who knows, maybe his task might not be either. Maybe it'll be as simple as asking a direct question. Or maybe it's as complicated as you seem to think."

"Regardless," he continued, "I'm starting to regret talking to this particular spirit." He shot it a simmering glare as it wailed away in the background. Man, this is worse than spending a whole day alone with Maggie, he realized.

Last edited:

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
For now, Levanna is going to use Spirit to open her senses to the spirits in the house.
Spirit Tongue: Gnosis (1) + Spirit (3) = 4 dice, 2 successes
[/sblock]
Levanna's senses bloomed like a poppy flower opening in spring, and the Twilight blossomed into view. She heard, then saw, a fiery spirit haranguing Gabriel and The Nemean.

He shot it a simmering glare as it wailed away in the background.
The spirit caught Gabriel's glare. It paused, pouted like a five-year-old child, then continued wailing to be set free. All the while, the Nemean continued calmly washing the dishes, deaf to the spirit's cries.

Solarious

Explorer
"So, the consensus to scan the House with Spirit Unveilings, and catalog what types we have, while someone else will search the mundane surroundings for clues on what the spirit itself represents. It's supposed to be a spirit of revisionist history, an aberration between perceived history and actual history? Pinpointing what history it changes will help in pinpointing the spirit itself."

Jeremiah pulls out a thin notepad and takes a quick glance at his watch. "Why don't we split up, and we meet back here in... say, ten minutes? I can scour the House for clues on our spirit while the rest of you check out the spirits."

[sblock=OOC]Assuming everyone goes through with Thorn's plan, Jeremiah will go off to find a nice, deserted corridor, double check for anyone else following him, then carefully drop his Mental Shield. He will then cast his shiny new Synchronicity spell (2 Dex + 2 Occult + 1 Fate + 2 High Speech = 7 die), and let Fate guide him to an auspicious exhibit.

After Synchronicity runs it's course, Jeremiah will cast Correspondence and continue examining the remaining exhibits, checking significant connections that trigger his Sybil's Sight. Ah, House of Ariadne, your divination methods the Guardians embrace so. :devil:[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Better make it twenty," Thorn suggests. "It's a big house, and we want to check every room. Uh...Gabriel, you start at the basement and work up, I'll go to the attic and go down. When we meet on the ground we'll do left and right, I guess. Or..."

She glances at the Hierarch. "Don't suppose there's a map, is there? Even a cheesy tourist one would work."

"Splitting into groups seems sound, but can we without such sight do in such a group. Perhaps I could be more of use searching the house for odd resonance which could tell us about the character of the out of place spirit? Regardless, before you set out to scour we should really determine who goes in which group."

Remove ads