• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's 1E AD&D Game OOC

Leif

Adventurer
"Shoot, Sahr, uh, I mean Father, if you could fix me up with one-a-them fancy blessings for my crops I could probably take you all the way."

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"Heh. Well I would have to be in your fields to lay such a 'fancy' blessing. I would also bid you ponder the wisdom to attempt to barter for the favors of the divine...

"But I can bless these fine onions you have here."
Ellydd places a hand over his holy symbol, closes his eyes and places his other hand into the back of the cart (touching a few of the onions), "By the grace and purity of She who rules the wooded ways of the green and the growing, may these...uh....'fruits' of Her bounty be blessed, in Ehlonna's name, to bring fortune and good health to this humble farmer for his selfless aid to Her most devoted servant and his cause to see Her will done.

"Ehlonna bless you and this crop, good sir. May it bring you many coins at market to continue your role as tiller of the circle of life and growth."

Leif

Adventurer
"Thanky, Father, Sahr. I guess I can take you all the way now." The ride is long and bumpy, and if ay of you smell another single onion again it will be too soon, but you do make it to your destination without incident.

Those of you riding your own mounts do not have to wait on the onion cart, by the way, and you [there being at least two of you as I recall] are free to scout the forward area, to the sides, or anywhere else within, say, a ride of an hour or two.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"Indeed." Ellydd replies to Rosco, scrunching up his nose disapprovingly. "I think, perhaps, to prefer the odor of the goodly farmer's onion cart."

After a casual glance around, Ellydd turns to Gorash. "Where to now, master dwarf?"

Prepare our gear, feast well and rest. I've been living in this city for the past 5 years so I'll take you to a good gnomish tavern where discounts and the best ale in the County's north are given to friends of Gorash.
The dwarf smiles as he sees his home for the past years
The areas north of the capital are guarded by the city soldiers. The lands north of the Artonsamay river, half a day by horse to the north of the capital and the border are no-man's land. marauder humanoids lurk and ambush travelres that wish to travel north into the land known as the bandit kingdom. Believe no one, those who plea for help are no more then bandits who seek easy robbery and beggars and cloaked figures are concealed thieves who mask themselves as priests and bums.
We'll travel to the north and past the river.

Helfdan

First Post
Girion Valtar

Girion nods as he slouches comfortably in the saddle, as one used to long trips on horse-back. "Gorash is correct. There is no law north of the Artonsamay. The authorities are all self-proclaimed, really thugs who call themselves warlords. We should try to avoid any groups of riders we encounter."

He turns to Gorash. "This tavern of yours sounds good, master dwarf. I will also defer to you on what kind of gear we need to carry, as it seems we are to go caving. I'll gladly help those of you who need them to chose sturdy mounts, we have a long road ahead."

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Ellydd will accept Girion's offer to help pick out a mount. (OOC: since it seems Ellydd will be needing a horse and tack that I didn't include in his original equip.) He will suggest doing so before the libation or feasting, so they can better enjoy themselves in the evening before they leave.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: If Girion Valtar is agreeable, then he and Ellydd can select a good-quality mount in about an hour, and we can move forward.

OOC: If he isn't agreeable, then we can move forward immediately!

The Onion Farmer looks rather expectantly at you fellows. "Yeah, I'm sorry it took us a short time longer than usual to get here, but, you see, I took extra special care to miss the worst potholes, and I don't think I even splashed mud on you not even one time!" Could he be waiting for a tip?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads