• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's 1E AD&D Game OOC

DM_Wannabe

First Post
Theron Greywand

"Enjoy myself. I also set right what things I feel need sorting out. Of course that sometimes doesn't suit every last soul." Rosco takes a sidelong glance at Theron. "I've an aunt who's half-nixie who knows more than a few pixies 'round the pond. They could show you a thing or two about illusioning."

"Tell you what, I can't say we should head there now, but if you can help ..us get outta town without any trouble maybe I could help you find them? Sometime down the road, I mean."

Girion catches up to Rosco. "Let me exit first. Perhaps Theron and myself can shield you from the eyes of those who may... confuse you for a miscreant." On reaching the door, he steps out nonchalantly and looks around for any trouble.

"Girion has the right idea. We'll go out in front and make sure the coast is clear. I just might take you up on that offer, Rosco." Theron, feeds off of Girion's acting and along with the ranger, scans the area outside the backdoor or the bar while acting like he is simply hanging out in an alley.

OOC: If it appears that there is trouble out back (e.g. the constable is out here, or some other do-gooders who might be looking for our companion) Theron will go back and cast Invisibility on Rosco.

Leif

Adventurer
Into the Alley

Rosco and Girion find the coast to be clear in the alley. but see some moderate foot traffic passing by on the street where the alley leads in one direction (east).

Helfdan

First Post
Leif's "County of Urnst" Greyhawk Gamma Game [AD&D 1E] [ IC 01]

Girion frowns, obviously uncomfortable in aiding a lawbreaker, even for something so trivial. He then shrugs, and casually walks down the alley. He circles towards the front of the tavern, meaning to fetch his horse from the post out front. He signals for Theron to circle the other way, to see the best way out.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Ellydd walks out, behind the others, casually and without the slightest indication of trying to be "sneaky." He walks down the alley to the street, waits calmly while Girion gets his mount, and will then take (unless someone leads elsewhere) whatever the most obvious and convenient way to exit the town.

Gorash chuckles and grins to himself as he follow the other. He wasn't interested in the law breaker but found the way they are trying to avoid the constable amusing.

Leif

Adventurer
Leaving Town

The adventurers make their roundabout way to the edge of town without incident, but they do feel a bit silly when they get there, except for Gorash the Brash who just chuckles and really doesn't give much of a damn.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
"That was a close one. Thanks to all of you fer helping me out. I say we find someplace to hole up and celebrate our escape. Perhaps one of you fine gents could sneak back into town and procure a few bottles of wine and we could end this day happy, no?"

Rosco sidles up along Girion casually, using the ranger's horse to shield himself from any onlookers in the direction of town.
"Hey, what were you looking to meet me abouts anyhow," he asks Ellydd, "I suppose some fool has gotten his self in trouble and we need to go save him?"

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't give a damn about what you did lad.
Gorash says to the convict
But I will be happy to share some wine on any occasion. You can join us north as we plan to explore some lost caves and haunted cairns. I'm sure a sneaky one like you can help us.

Last edited by a moderator:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"Now see here." Ellydd says with some incredulity to Gorash, "Rosco hasn't done anything. He said there was a troublesome case of mistaken identity. Isn't that right, Rosco? He had nothing to do with it."

Then, turning to Rosco, Ellydd continues in a somewhat scolding tone, "As for procuring some wine, seeing as we are all innocent of whatever confusion is going on in town, there should be no reason for anyone to 'sneak' anywhere to get some.

"However, I feel it needs pointing out that, in case you missed it, we were just in a tavern. You could have had all the wine you wanted there. Asking others to now supply you with what we just had in front of us seems a bit on the selfish side...and frankly, a bit backwards.

"I think you should reflect on that as we proceed."

Ellydd turns his attention back to the assembled heroes.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Ellydd clears his throat. *Ahem* "Now, to this business as to why we, or specifically Rosco, is here...I was told by Prior Ramscott that I was to journey here. That there have been omens to point to an evil in the region that is about to or recently awakened.

"I was instructed that it would present itself to me, by Her will, and I would know what to do. It was also recommended that I might contact some aid because the evil was potentially very great and I might need help. So that is why I sent word, Rosco, for you to join me hence.

"Meeting up with the three of you,"
Ellydd respectfully nods to the illusionist, dwarf and ranger, "however fleeting, I can only divine has been Ehlonna's will and humbly ask that we join forces and investigate this alleged growing evil. My prayers go to the Forest Queen, daily, that the diviners might be mistaken and it is all a folly. That no such evil actually exists...but those striving to defend the wood can never take such chances.

"Now...I have not heard tell of any malignancies in or around the immediate town
<OOC: the name of which is what again?>. It seems to me that Gorash's tale of undead rising in the northern hills might just be the evil of which I was forewarned.

"I propose we undertake an investigation of these 'cairns' or what have they to either destroy the evil that lies within or dispel the vile rumors as no more than just that.4

"We shall proceed as a band of peers. Equal in rights, votes and shares of all spoils to do with as we please. Though undertaking no acts of wickedness in striving to do so. What say you?"

Remove ads