Leif's AD&D 1E Game [IC 01]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: Apologies for the tardy arrival. I had no idea this had begun.

DM Edit: Sorry, I guess I should have announced it better.

Ellydd watches and listens carefully. The brown robed figures had attracted his attention before the half orc started making his ruckus.

Typical, thinks Ellydd. Crass, rude creatures. Ehlonna forgive them, they have no control over the nature of their being. These others, however, associating with them...what might they be up to?

Ellydd raises a hand to get the poor bartender's attention and requests another small pot of herb tea.

Other than that, he keeps his eyes and ears open and his mouth shut.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leif

Adventurer
In the Choking Swan

The wenches and bartender serve the requested items of food and drink with no difficulty, if they do lack some of the grace one expects in such a situation. In addition to the nutty brown ale that is quite good, the wench brings trenchers of various breads ranging from almost white to a heavy black loaf, morsels of fried meat with a delectable aroma, and an assortment of fruits.

When Gorash speaks his peace, the Half-Orc looks over at the table of his ilk and the brown-cloaked figures. One of the brown-cloaked figures makes a gesture and the Half-Orc, seeing it, stands down and returns to the table immediately without another word, and only a silent snarl for the Dwarf.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Noting the orc retrn to his seat, Ellydd takes a long draw of his tea. He looks about and turns to the gnome in the midnight blue robe.

"Hail, master gnome. I am Ellydd Walker. Warrior-priest of our most blessed lady of the wood, Ehlonna. I have rarely encountered your people and am curious. What brings you to this 'Choking Swan'?"

Falariel

First Post
Leif's AD&D 1E game [IC 01]

Riel eats his meal slowly, trying to catch a glimpse of a cloaked face, all the while listening closely to see if he can understand any of the conversation the group may be having.

OOC: Edit for misspelling.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
In The Choking Swan

Noting the orc retrn to his seat, Ellydd takes a long draw of his tea. He looks about and turns to the gnome in the midnight blue robe. "Hail, master gnome. I am Ellydd Walker. Warrior-priest of our most blessed lady of the wood, Ehlonna. I have rarely encountered your people and am curious. What brings you to this 'Choking Swan'?"

The Gnome looks up, carefully eyes Ellydd, and says, "Pleased to meet you, Ellydd, I am known as Gnurl Whiskerling. Unless I miss my guess, you have some fairly close ties to the Fair Folk of the Wood, judging from the shape of your eyes and the hint of greenish cast to your hair. Mayhaps you would care for an introduction to Riel, whom I just met myself moments ago," says the Gnome as he places a hand on the arm of the nearby Elf.

[sblock=Sorry SD]I know you want Ellydd to be incognito, but I need to get the party together somehow. This probavly won't happen again. Maybe. ;) [/sblock]

Riel eats his meal slowly, trying to catch a glimpse of a cloaked face, all the while listening closely to see if he can understand any of the conversation the group may be having.

Riel hears the words of the Gnome and feels a gentle touch on his arm

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
[sblock]No problem [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION] though it seems you may be confusing Ellydd and Shiyana...unstandable...two half-elf characters...both nature priesty sorts...Ellydd, however, is a guy. ;) [/sblock]

[sblock=sd]So sorry, man! I tried to fix it -- hopefully there is no lasting damage.[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Falariel

First Post
Leif's AD&D 1E game [IC 01]

Riel looks up, startled from his concentration.

Recognizing the gnome he had just met, he regains his composure with a broad smile.

"Ah, Gnurl! You startled me!"

He looks to the young half-elf with a grin.

"Trithereon be with you in your travels, priest. What brings you to this fine city?"

OOC: I did some research online for deities of Greyhawk and found Trithereon as a lesser deity of individuality, self-protection, liberty & retribution. Felt it was a good fit for Riel. Let me know if this isn't an option.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"And Ehlonna be with you in yours, cousin." Ellydd says with a smile. "I await the Green Lady's grace to reveal itself that I might direct my actions by her will. For now, however, I am merely enjoying some tea to pass the time."

"What brings you, Riel? And you Master Gnurl?"

Ellydd leans in and adds, quietly, "Does this inn always attract such...questionable figures as yon table?" he nods over at the table with the half-orcs and brown robed figures.

Leif

Adventurer
In The Choking Swan

Girion Valtar and Gorash are now the only two patrons remaining at the bar, standing at the left and the right ends, respectively. By way of making conversation, the bartender says, "So, do you gents know each other? You both look as though you may have seen some military action in these troubled times...."

Gnurl turns to Ellydd and says, "I am just passing some time between, um, 'jobs,' as it were. I expect to be travelling to Verbobonc to rejoin my teammates very soon now that my business here shall be concluded straightaway. I have a keen eye for such things, and the two of you struck me as possibly being the types to seek more excitement that most folks. Those two at the bar, the Dwarf and the Human, also appear similarly inclined. If you two really are in the market for such, I'd recommend that you approach them," adds the Gnome with a sly wink.

Remove ads