Leif's AD&D 1E Game [OOC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
New Blood?

Currently. we're looking for more PCs for this game to go adventuring with our only Ranger. [Lone Ranger?? nahhh]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I might be interested. What is the adventure and what has happened so far? Can I start at level 1? Can I play an aspiring bard? How are ability scores generated?

Leif

Adventurer
The Adventure hasn't started yet, really, and will be a home brew. What has gone so far has all been preliminary stuff, a [SUPPOSEDLY] minor fight against some spiders after which a strategic retreat to heal was necessary. Then all but one player left the game, *snif*. Yes, the rules are 1E hardback PH, so Bards are allowed, if you meet the prereqs(!!). I'm not sure how chargen went. maybe [MENTION=11732]Helfdan[/MENTION] remembers(?), but I imagine it was 4d6 drop lowest, or maybe point buy. If it's point buy, there's almost surely no way you can build a legal 1E Bard.

Leif

Adventurer
Yes, I guess so. Would you mind if I "hurried" you along through the first two levels so that our Level 4 Ranger doesn't get terminally bored? I'm thinking of awarding you double, possibly triple XP as you gain from the insights of a much more experienced adventuring companion.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
That is perfectly okie dokie. I just dislike starting at higher than 1st level (regardless of edition). Math and a feeling of "unearned benefits" I guess.

Do you want me to do 4d6 drop lowest? If I don't make the scores for a potential bard, I'll probably go wizard.

Leif

Adventurer
4d6 drop lowest score

Yeah, you can try that. Why don't you roll three sets that way and post me links here to the Invisible Castle rolls for each set?

Leif

Adventurer
You'll have to add the henchman IC, and you won't have much luck until you're at least 2nd level. I guess you arranged these stats as desired, right? I've never DMed on ENWorld for a PC who had a henchman, I don't think. Yeah, I guess I have, but I have a co-DM in that game, so I haven't ever had to deal directly with it much.

Remove ads