• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E Leif's AD&D 1E Recruiting Thread

Leif

Adventurer
Good Questions, Indeed!

1. Hit points are maximum at first level.

2. Secondary skill can be rolled or simply chosen, at each players option, using the table in the 1E DMG p. 12.

3. Likewise, starting age can be rolled or chosen, but regardless, no age modifiers will apply at the start, the assumption being that the abilities you rolled are what your character has at the starting age that you choose. These tables are also on DMG p. 12. To quote the DMG, "...you may assign age [for PCs] as you see fit..."

4. Starting gold to be determined in the usual way, by rolling the dice indicated for your class in the Players Handbook on page 35, near the top of the left column.

5. Yes, only PH and DMG are used. NO Unearthed Arcana!

Yeah, I got what you meant about the humor thing. Not a problem. We won't let it get out of hand, but it will hopefully provide the occasional chuckle for us all.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Is there a particular character sheet you want us to use or are we free to use whatever we want?
I don't like when character sheets are attached to RG posts. I like for the characters' stats to be entered directly into the RG posts. But the format is up to each player. Just make sure all the info is there. We'll be getting an RG thread very soon now.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
I don't know what you want with character sheets or stats, but I made mine up for review.

Starting Gold
Secondary Skill
Rosco
Fighter
Elf (high)
Neutral Good

STR 14 +200 coin weight, 1-2 open door, 7% BB/LG
INT 11 2 additional languages
WIS 15 +1 magical attack adjustment
DEX 12
CON 7 55% SS, 60% Res
CHA 15 7 henchmen max, +15% loyalty, +15% Reaction adjustment

Hit Points: 10
Armor Class: 3
Move: 12", 6" with splint mail on

Saving Throws
14 Paralyzation, Poison, or Death Magic
15 Petrification or Polymorph
16 Rod, Staff, or Wand
17 Breath Weapon
17 Spell

Languages: Common, Elven, Alignment, +1
Background / Secondary Skill: Husbandman
Gold Pieces: (180) 45gp, 5sp

Elven Abilities
•Magic Resistance 90% to Sleep and Charm spells. If successful, Saving Throws still apply.
•+1 to Attacks when using Short Sword, Long Sword, Any Bow but a Crossbow.
•SPEAK: Elvish, Gnome, Halfling, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Orcish, Gnoll, Common, and Alignment + 1 more language for every point over INT 15.
•Infrared Sight 60’.
•Find Secret Door 1 on 1d6 within 10’ or less – No active Search required.
•Find Secret Door 2 on 1d6 within 10’ or less – requires an active Search.
•Find Concealed Door 3 in 1d6 within 10’ or less – requires an active Search.
•+1 DEX / -1 CON,
•Surprise 4 on 1d6 only when not in metal armor & (a) alone, (b) 90’ or more away from a party, (c) in a party of Elves or Halflings not wearing metal armor.
•Surprise 2 on 1d6 as above & portal must be opened for a Confrontation.

Fighter Abilities are mostly core elements, not extras. They are the best at combat and at 9th level they can establish a freehold and become a Lord.

Equipment:
80gp Splint mail
10gp Small shield
15gp Long sword and scabberd
2gp Leather backpack (the following are inside)
3gp Standard rations 1 week
5gp Iron rations 1 week
5gp Bone map case
12gp Bullseye lantern
1gp Flask of oil
1gp Tinder Box, with flint & steel
15sp Skin for water or wine

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Help me out here...what's an RG thread?

RG= "Rogue's Gallery".

The Rogue's Gallery forum is where threads are set up for all of the online games characters. So, shortly, Leif will set up a "Leif's Gamma AD&D" (or whatever it will be called) and we'll post the "character sheets"/info there. It's also where treasure and XP will be tracked.

--SD

Leif

Adventurer
RG= "Rogue's Gallery".

The Rogue's Gallery forum is where threads are set up for all of the online games characters. So, shortly, Leif will set up a "Leif's Gamma AD&D" (or whatever it will be called) and we'll post the "character sheets"/info there. It's also where treasure and XP will be tracked.

--SD
What he said. (Thanks, sd!)

Leif

Adventurer
I never thought about it, to tell you the truth. Hmmm, if you want a dog, work it into your character's story and we'll see. I'm not prepared to give an answer yet. Mainly because if I give you a war dog then I'll almost have to give everyone something of equal usefuless, and pretty soon your first level party will be taking out giants and hydrae as a matter of course. [You did mean a BIG dog, didn't you?] It might work better if we could have party ownership of a dog or two.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
Rosco will go in on a dog.

I had forgotten how few items were available for purchase in the original advanced game. I was going to buy paper or vellum for mapping along with a quill and ink, but none of those were available. I still have a good amount of funds leftover, which I'm saving until the party decides on our first adventure. But I could still go halfs for a trained war dog.

Also, I forget, but are we literate by class, by default, by choice, or what?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads