• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E Leif's AD&D 1E Recruiting Thread

DM_Wannabe

First Post
We'll be getting an RG thread very soon now.

Help me out here...what's an RG thread?

RG= "Rogue's Gallery".

The Rogue's Gallery forum is where threads are set up for all of the online games characters. So, shortly, Leif will set up a "Leif's Gamma AD&D" (or whatever it will be called) and we'll post the "character sheets"/info there. It's also where treasure and XP will be tracked.

--SD

So...how soon until we get the RG thread? Is there some application process where forms have to filled out in triplicate, signed by the proper authority, and approved by some committee?

And then after we get the RG thread, will there need to be another thread for the actual play to take place in?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm new here. (I don't know how you guys didn't pick up on that.)

By the way, please don't take my poor attempts at humor to mean that I'm being impatient. While I am interested in getting to playing, I'm just trying to be a little light hearted. I promise to only be a pain in the arse occasionally. ;)

Leif

Adventurer
It shouldn't be too awfully long before we have a rogue's gallery thread for the characters.

No further application is required. I am the Committee of One.

There will be three additional threads for the game, an in-character thread where the gaming action takes place [IC], an out-of-character thread for DM/player-to-player/DM communication, bookeeping and so forth
OOC: , and a Rogues' Gallery thread where the characters in the game will be posted and maintained [RG] -- I also like to keep XP records, etc. in the RG, so I usually occupy the first three or four posts of the RG, and then each player makes a post for his/her PC.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
Sounds like we're really moving along. Lief, do you have a campaign in mind for us? We could brainstorm and do a kind of first session thrashing out of what the players want to do, get our backgrounds straight for the setting, make up some of the setting to "establish the characters", explain how we know each other if we want to, and basically tie our characters into the start.

Some Gamma World stuff would be cool. What about a giant fungi forest that's is currently suffering from unusually heavy rainstorms and now flailsnails have woken up and dug their way to the surface and started to eat and slime everything. Rosco is more of a 'shroom elf from a carefree, long-lived family, if with a rather short-term memory. He is willing to know some characters prior to play, but might also know a family line of characters for those who are human or another shorter life spanned race.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Ideas for the Game

I really don't have anything specific in mind for this game. The 'gamma world' idea just sprang up because this will be my third concurrent AD&D 1E game here at ENWorld, and I've been naming the others by Greek letters and gamma is third in line. I've also been naming the others by the region of Greyhawk where they are set, Hold of the Sea Princes and the Pomarj. I'm open to suggestions about where in Greyhawk the players would like to be, and what they would wish to do. We already have one vote for an escargot gathering foray, and that does hold some real promise. I can definitely work with that, but first level characters would be ill-advised to tangle directly with flail snails, so either you're thinking of a higher starting level, or else you have some other scheme in mind.

As I sit here now, the region that's popping unbidden into my forebrain is the Lortmil Mountains. (Also the Amedio Jungles, but I despise the thought of characters wearing heavy, metal armor in jungle climates. I mean, YUK! Arkansas summers are bad enough, but sheesh!) Ok, so I did a little reading online, and the Lortmils are not what I thought they were. :( Back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

DM_Wannabe

First Post
Just did some quick searches on various regions of Greyhawk and I came across the Grand Duchy of Geoff. The region has an interesting history, and depending on what year we start, it could be dangerous.

Leif

Adventurer
Some slight delays happening

Sorry, guys, life has thrown me a curve of late, and circumstances have led me to push back the starting of the AD&D Gamma thread by a couple of weeks. I hope you're all still interested. I'd like to see what everyone has so far in the way of characters, if you could all post rough drafts here? I'm also still open to suggestions about what sort ofoverall "theme" evveryone would like to see for this game. Let it all hang out -- we can, and probably will, combine two, three, or more ideas for a "theme" and make kind of a "D&D Casserole"!

DM_Wannabe

First Post
Sorry, guys, life has thrown me a curve of late, and circumstances have led me to push back the starting of the AD&D Gamma thread by a couple of weeks. I hope you're all still interested. I'd like to see what everyone has so far in the way of characters, if you could all post rough drafts here? I'm also still open to suggestions about what sort ofoverall "theme" evveryone would like to see for this game. Let it all hang out -- we can, and probably will, combine two, three, or more ideas for a "theme" and make kind of a "D&D Casserole"!
Sorry things aren't going as smoothly as you'd like. Sometimes the old saying rings true: Life sucks.

Anyway, I'm definitely still interested in playing. I've already posted my illusionist's character sheet.

With regards to the overall theme of the campaign, I'm a fan of traditional high-fantasy, Tolkien-like adventures/campaigns. We've been talking about Greyhawk, and that just suits me to a "T". While we're waiting to get things started, I'll do some more digging to see if there are any other ideal locations within the world of Greyhawk that I think would appeal to the group.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
Take your time and just inform us of when you are ready.

I could go for Tolkien mixed with Greyhawk mixed with Gamma World. As to starting locations I would look to less civilized areas of the world like the Bandit Kingdoms or the North. Do you have a starting adventure module in mind?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Whenever you're ready. You know i'm around. :cool:

Starting location is up for grabs. Ellydd can be from near where we start or have traveled there, in the service of Ehlonna, just as easily.

Also anyone who's open to pre-game friendships/associations is fine with me. Ellydd liikes getting along with folks and would be doubly interested in any elves in our company, having very limited (like practically none) experience/interactions with his mother's people and is definitely curious to get to know them better.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads