Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Shiyana waits patiently and peruses some of the text titles on the shelves (she won't touch/remove anything). Leaving the troll on the slave block has really gotten to her and put her in a bit of a funk. She will just keep quiet and seek whatever calming distraction the book titles provide.

Leif

Adventurer
Rathmore the Scribe

[Shiyana sees nothing of particular interest from her vantage point.] When summoned by the bell, Rathmore emerges from the door in short order. "Ahhh, welcome friends! I am pleased that you decided to learn more about my offer and hopefully accept my proposiotion completely. Come in and make yourselves comfortable."

Rathmore the Scribe motions you around the counter and through the door. Behind the door is a comfortable-looking sitting room. There is a small fireplace, a table with enough seating for all of the adventurers plus Rathmore, and books, books everywhere, and then still more books. Oh, and some bins full of scrolls and maps, too.

Last edited:

Jacob Marley

Adventurer
Odo follows Turthain into the sitting room and takes a seat near the fire. His eyes dart around the room looking for any peculiarities - his mind is still fixed on the strange events in the Temple of the Frog.
I apologize for how I look, Mr. Rathmore. I should have cleaned up a little before coming here.
Odo motions toward the splatter of blood on his armor.

Leif

Adventurer
Rathmore the Scribe

"Pshaw! Not to worry....um...Sir Priest. I understand fully how the adventuring life leaves its mark on your bodies and clothes as well as your reputations and minds. Think nothing of it. Would that I were sturdy enough to be out there beside you battling villains and getting all dirty and bloody. Sadly, the most I can hope for is to live vicariously through you lot. Speaking of which, I have heard some rumors around town that might be of some interest to you if you're in the market for adventure, that is. By the way, please call me Rathmore. May I know your names as well?"

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"I am called Turthain, of the Emerald Cloak," answers the elf to Rathmore's question. "And I feel as though I must ask: what do you seek to gain by offering us your knowledge of these rumors?"

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Shiyana raises a slender arched eyebrow. She could have sworn they introduced themselves back on the street.

But seeing her companions indulge Rathmore's inquiry she will add, "And I am Shiyana of the Shadebough Circle. Do you know of it?"

Leif

Adventurer
Rathmore the Scribe

"I am called Turthain, of the Emerald Cloak," answers the elf to Rathmore's question. "And I feel as though I must ask: what do you seek to gain by offering us your knowledge of these rumors?"

[Odo interrupting Turthain]
And I am Odo, Acolyte of Pholtus, seeker of the Light of Truth and Justice.

Shiyana raises a slender arched eyebrow. She could have sworn they introduced themselves back on the street.

But seeing her companions indulge Rathmore's inquiry she will add, "And I am Shiyana of the Shadebough Circle. Do you know of it?"
"Yes indeed, very good to meet you, Turthain, Odo, and Shiyana. Hmm, what do I seek to gain? Well, what we all seek to gain, of course! I am hoping that, if my information proves to be profitable for you, you will see fit to first tell me of your exploits so that I may record them, and second perhaps even see fit to share the profits with me if my information puts you in a position to profit. I understand that it would by no means be an equal share with the fellows who are hazarding life and limb to gain the profits, but perhaps you will agree that the good infornation that I give you that allows you to gain the gold in the first pace is worth, say, one half of such a share? Oh, and rest assured, if my chronicling of your exploits proves profitable for me, then I will in turn share the profit with you to the same extent that you share yours with me.

"Well met, Odo. I hope that I can assist you in finding some of the truth and justice that you seek, with some gold on the side!

"Actually, Shiyana, I have heard of Shadebough Circle. Never been there, but I've heard that the trees have the girth of castles and stretch upwards higher than the highest tower."

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
"Pshaw! Not to worry....um...Sir Priest. I understand fully how the adventuring life leaves its mark on your bodies and clothes as well as your reputations and minds. Think nothing of it. Would that I were sturdy enough to be out there beside you battling villains and getting all dirty and bloody. Sadly, the most I can hope for is to live vicariously through you lot. Speaking of which, I have heard some rumors around town that might be of some interest to you if you;re in the market for adventure, that is. By the way, please call me Rathmore. May I know your names as well?"

Suddenly conscious of the blood on his own armour Cam makes a futile attempt to wipe it clean with his cloak as he takes his seat "Camlin sir. Pleased to meet you."

Remove ads