Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
That's the majority of us in agreement, then, so I guess we'll make it so. By the way, that XP value I told you, 6,200, was your new totals, not including any 10% bonuses, of course.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
That makes Shiyana 3rd level alright...and holy hollyhocks! I didn't recall the spell progression of a 1e druid! Figured it was the same as/close to MU. With her Wisdom bonuses: 5 1st, 4 2nd and 2 3rd level spells (at 3rd level!)! Jeebuz!

ANYwho, new level HP: 1d8=6

Shiyana's gonna go roll around in the gigantic pile of magical might she now possesses. Lemme know when we're ready to proceed. :D

Leif

Adventurer
That makes Shiyana 3rd level alright...and holy hollyhocks! I didn't recall the spell progression of a 1e druid! Figured it was the same as/close to MU. With her Wisdom bonuses: 5 1st, 4 2nd and 2 3rd level spells (at 3rd level!)! Jeebuz!

ANYwho, new level HP: 1d8=6

Shiyana's gonna go roll around in the gigantic pile of magical might she now possesses. Lemme know when we're ready to proceed. :D
Ooops!

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Sorry to burst your bubble, sd, but Shiyana doesn't get bonus 3rd level spells until she is able to cast 3rd level spells, and that doesn't happen until she is 5th level. So, yeah, it is a lot closer to later editions that what you said.

Riiiight. And, hate to burst yours Mr. DM sir, but as per 1e AD&D Player's Handbook, page 21, "Spells Usable by Class and Level - Druids (Clerics)"
...a 3rd level druid receives: 3 1st, 2 2nd and 1 3rd level spell...Yes, really. You begin to comprehend my surprise?

With her Wisdom bonuses, that's 5/4/2. Hence the completely unexpected glee of my original post.

So, in fact, it is actually exactly what I said. Spell-tacular!

--SD

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Son of a gun, you're right, sd! Never mind. Now back to IC stuff... except for...

OOC: How in the heck did I miss that all these years? 1E druid's spell progression is just whacked from 1st level to 12th level -- they get 7th level spells a good healthy jump before any other class.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Brairwood, once again...

The advengturers return to the city of Briarwood*, whence they began. [*City State of the Invicible Overlord, that is] Not knowing what else to do, they visit the Scribe (Sage?) with whom they became acquainted, to see if he can steer them toward further adventure and profit.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: My previously "incomplete" post may now be considered complete I suppose. If anyone has any ideas that they'd like to explore, now would be a good time to mention it. Otherwise, I'll see what else I can come up with, I suppose.

Rhun

First Post
Turthain suggest going to see the scribe/sage. "We should perhaps go and visit Master Rathmore. We did agree to cut him in for a percentage of the profits, and to allow him to chronicle our adventures."

Remove ads