Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Scotley

Hero
4e is definitely different. With the perform, craft and profession skills gone a lot of character customization and flavor goes out the window. I believe I would allow the bard to describe the performance he want to give and if there is no desired mechanical effect just let it be the way he wants. If there is a desired effect then I'd give a circumstances bonus to whatever he's trying to accomplish based on how appropriate his description is to the situation at hand.

Leif

Adventurer
4e is definitely different. With the perform, craft and profession skills gone a lot of character customization and flavor goes out the window. I believe I would allow the bard to describe the performance he want to give and if there is no desired mechanical effect just let it be the way he wants. If there is a desired effect then I'd give a circumstances bonus to whatever he's trying to accomplish based on how appropriate his description is to the situation at hand.
Sounds good enough to me. :) (But I'd really rather have a skill for it...)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
(From IC Thread)

[sblock=Mowgli]Tarrk and Basher7 were both missed by the two kobolds last round, so you can use your virtue of cunning this round to 'slide' one of them if you want. Just because you couldn't slide Khellek is no reason to abandon the use of the virtue altogether, is it?[/sblock]

Aimhirghin wouldn't move an ally just because he wanted them somewhere else (I'm trying to play him as a controller w/out making him 'controlling'). Basher7 can get right where Aimhirghin would put him with a shift of his own, so Aimhirghin wouldn't move him. The advantage to sliding Khellek (other than giving him a clue as to Aimhirghin's tactical wishes) is that it allows him to complete the flank using only a shift, and thus avoiding an attack of opportunity.

Tarrk is actually right where Aimhirghin wants him. I considered sliding him one square to the west, but then for Khellek to be in position so that both dragonshields are flanked (without your very generous ruling that Tarrk's dragonshield is flanked because of Aimhirghin attacking him), he'd have to be right between them and would be flanked himself.

So other than Khellek Aimhirghin is content to let everyone move for themselves - for now :devil:.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Okey doke. Just wanted to make sure that you weren't refraining from using your Virtue of Cunning because of me. :)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Nope. This is actually very different for me - I typically play 'one on one' combat types concerned mainly with their little part of the show. Keeping an eye on the whole thing is forcing me to think differently, and proving to be very entertaining.

Leif

Adventurer
And, may I say, you're doing quite a good job of it, too! You're definitely keeping ME on my toes trying to figure stuff out. But I think that what you're doing is just what a 'controller' is supposed to do.

renau1g

First Post
I can't find a Perform skill either! Criminy! To quote Raul Julia in one of my favorite movies, Presumed Innocent, "What a colossal blunder!" We'll have to make something up for that, so feel free to go ahead and choose Perform (drum) as one of Aimhirghin's trained skills

And to quote my favourite Raul Julia movie (Street Fighter):
"The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in"

or

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

Scotley

Hero
Hmm, Sounds like I need to see street fighter. How about this one:

Play the part, or I'll kill you.

or

You were so beautiful. Pale and mysterious. No one even looked at the corpse.

I have to say though that Presumed innocent is my favorite movie he's in.

renau1g

First Post
Street Fighter is possibly the worst movie I've ever seen, but it's one of those, it's so bad it's funny kind of movies. Jean Claude Van Damme as Guile... Raul Julia as M.Bison in the actor's final role before his death. Yes, it is a terribly bad movie...

Leif

Adventurer
Thanks, renau1g for your efforts to keep that party treasure IRA. Bucking for bonus xp, are ya? :D You might actually get one now and then. One point, that is.

Ooops, sorry, Ryan, forgot that you're canadian -- youse goys don't have IRAs up there, do youse? Individual Retirement Account.

Remove ads