Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Sparky

I like the change. In the 'it's more active' sense. I was thinking something nastier, he was attacked, poisoned or drugged. But a hunting accident works great. Was it really an accident? o_O

Sparky

How so? Galin recovers, but in the meantime, Harn stands in. I'm fine either way. I was just thinking something more dire.

EDIT: Ah. Just saw what you meant, WD. I think it's safe to say Leif didn't just write you out. Substitute Galin for Thuartas (sp?) and 'injury' for 'demise' and I think were good, yeah? Unless you like the no-harm oath better. My 2 cp is that I like injury better than pact. But, fey creatures and their oaths, that's powerful stuff. :)

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Sorry, WD, and others whose characters weren't included. It was never my intention to slight you. I thought you'd each come up with your own way to work your characters into the story. I guess someone needs to work up an overarching comprehensive family history. Any volunteers? Sparky, you seem to have a knack for it.

Sparky

That's where I was going with the House Phaedran exotic animal shepherds/breeders thing, but that didn't fit.

Give me something to run with that fits and I'll run with it. :D

Leif

Adventurer
Ok, I guess I can go ahead and do my JOB as DM, and give you what I have:

*Ahem*

All of the PCs are affiliated with House Phaedran, be it by blood, by oath and duty, or whatever the case may be. Bottom line: You are all, for whatever reason, loyal to House Phaedran and you've become dependent upon the powerful reputation of the House. But the group of you are not just members of the House, you are Scions of the Power of House Phaedran. You, each one of you separately, and all of you together as a group, are being groomed to lead the House into the future. But rather than keep you under heavy guard and cloistered away from danger, the Elders of House Phaedran have seen the wisdom of equipping you to face any challenges that may arise so that you may defeat those challenges soundly. And, to that end, you are expected to continually hone your skills and increase your abilities.

When the Wizards and the Seers of House Phaedran became aware of the danger of the DweomerFall, they naturally thought of you. The DweomerFall is a condition whereby the very essence of magic is being slowly drained from both the Feywild and the nearby Prime Material Plane. The rate of drain is quite slow, but the Eladrin tend to take a long-range view of such things, and over a long enough time, the DweomerFall could conceivably threaten much of the way of life that you now know. The Elders have been clear: The time to stop this DweomerFall is NOW. The rest is in your hands. The Elders do not expect you to solve the mystery and the problem in a weekend. They know that the flow of information may be maddeningly slow at times, but they do expect you to make occasional progress and follow any leads that fall into your laps.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Thanks, Dad, it's always nice to receive praise from the parental units!

Scotley -- looking more at Heroes of Shadow to check out your assassin schtuff. Did you pick up on the fact that you need to be a member of an assassins' guild? I'm thinking there's most likely an InterPlanar, Eladrin guild headquartered in the Feywild that would be apprpriate. I'll let you name it and stuff, or if you're too busy I can take a crack at it in the days ahead. However, I'm pretty much going to insist that the guild be mostly composed of followers of the 'dark side,' with a disproportionately high number of members who are Drow, Revenant, and other 'undesirable' types. Oh yeah, Scotley, and is your PC just a vanilla Assassin, or is he an Executioner? I guess he must be an Executioner, because I don't see coverage [powers and so forth] of any other sort of Assassin....

Last edited:

Remove ads