Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Leif

Adventurer
No objections here!

What class is your character again, Sparky? Cuz...a roundabout way to have a riding dragon is this:

1) Have an arcane class, or Multiclass into one.

2) Take Arcane Familiar feat. Select a draconic type familiar (there are several).

3) If you do not have Ritual Casting...take it. Then buy the Familiar Mount ritual.

Boom. Done. Costs some money and takes some time, but you can now turn your shoulder-dragon into a riding dragon whenever you wish. And it only cost 1 to 3 feats depending on what you got from your class!

...you know, Su could totally do that too.

HMMM...

Edit - Oh, and you have to be high enough level to cast the ritual, of course. But I think level 8 is high enough.
Well, what do you know about that? That seems to work, doesn't it? Oh, and, Sharyuri, I may have a tendency to call Su, or Sulannus, "Su-Monster" from time to time.... :D [For those who don't immediately remember the reference, the su-monster was a critter in the AD&D 1E Monster Manual.]
Not sure, but it should have been something important, so Harn (you can call Galinndan just Galin for short) will still consider them friends.

Maybe a romantic involvement with another court?
The one Harn fought was the twinbrother of Galin's (female) love interest and he made a fey oath not to harm him in this fight?
This is getting to be much like a big ol' Fey soap opera! "Days of Our Fey," or something like "As the Eladrin Humps!"

Leif

Adventurer
One more thought on animal companions/mounts in this game: The PCs will from time to time be suddenly and unexpectedly called away to other planes or worlds. If your PC is without a way to take an aminal companion/mount along on such a journey, said PC is quite liable to find that he or she often arrives at the destination where the real adventuring will occur in the condition of lacking a significant portion of power/juice/stuff that he or she spent significant resources to gain.

In other [fewer and better chosen] words, don't spend a bunch of gold/feats/powers to gain something that is not going to always be with your character, possibly meaning carried on the PC's body somewhere. Or, if you do so anyway, your PC should be prepared and able to operate without it. Or, like Walking Dad has hints in the next post, be prepared and able to reach out across the planes and bring it to your location.

You have been warned.

[Also, I note that it is just about time to discontinue posting in this thread and open a new OOC dedicated to our All-Eladrin Dweomerfall Saga. That will be done sometime between now and when the post count in this thread reaches 1,000 or so.]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Su-monsters were these white ape things, right?

You need a bit soap in a Fae story ;)

No problem with the companion restriction. I chose the theme utility that let me 'park' it on another plane ;)

Leif

Adventurer
Su-monsters were these white ape things, right?

You need a bit soap in a Fae story ;)

No problem with the companion restriction. I chose the theme utility that let me 'park' it on another plane ;)
I think you probably have the right idea about the su-monster, but they weren't exactly white and weren't exactly apes, either. AD&D Monster Manual says, "The fur of a su-monster is a dirty gray. The creature's tail and face are black, its paws are bloody red." They are AC 6, which should translate to about AC 16 in 3.5 terms, have 5d8+5 HD, 5 attacks for 1-4(x4) damage and 2-8 damage, plus they can attack psionically but are not themselves subject to psionic attack. I don't remember ever encountering one of those back in my AD&D days, but I do remember seeing the MM entry for them. The picture here is a 1E AD&D su-monster.

But looking more now, the su-monster has been brought back for 4E in MM3! And, Walking Dad, I can report that the 4E Su Monster does look a very much like some kind of really p*ssed off ape with big fangs in the illustration! The monster is now a L10 skirmisher. To quote 4E MM3, "Known as 'the wolf of the treetops' a su monster is a territorial creature with unnatural cunning." And, actually, "Su-monsters come from the Isle of Dread, a jungle-based island in the Feywild." I'd better not tell you more than that, because you are probably very likely to meet one or more su monsters very soon!

Note they were called "su-monsters" but now are called "su monsters." *shrug*

Attachments

• su-monster-794609.jpg
    su-monster-794609.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Draft of Quarion 8 level Eladrin Assassin

Here's what I've come up with so far from the Character Builder. I'll try and get some background stuff up very soon. I've had a nasty head cold and just haven't felt very creative the last few days.

Attachments

• Quarion - Copy.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 101

Leif

Adventurer
Quarion looks very cool, Scotley, but I think that I've already set the PCs Experience Points to a value that is higher than your sheet shows. Might want to check that out....

Experience Point Tracker for ALL PCs is in Post #3 of the RG. Current Player XP at Start: 14,800 XP (Level 9= 16,500)

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Scotley, you can go ahead and add Quarion to the RG while you're over there. (At least put the link to his sheet in a post in the RG. Might be easier to keep a "working" character sheet, an abbraviated deal, actually posted to the RG, for things like current HP, any spell effects/conditions that apply to the character, and stuff like that. Or maybe not. Just spitballing here.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues...-eladrin-dweomerfall-saga-rogues-gallery.html

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Looks like we're almost ready to begin. Just need to get the rest of Harnithael's stats, and get Quarion's sheet copied or linked to a post in the RG, get Lou's Eladrin Defending Swordmage PC also posted, and then it'll be all my fault that we haven't started yet.

What's the final word for how the PCs are related to one another? All we know so far is that Sulannus [Shayuri] is an Eladrin noble and Harnithael Ruath [Sparky] has taken a blood oath to be 'the Sword of her Hand, the Shield of her Body, the Guardian of her Honor and the Honor of House Phaedran,' due to Sulannus's brother, Thuartus [Harnithael's dear friend and confidante] meeting an unfortnate and unexpected end at the claws and fangs of the Su-Creature that he was stalking.*

* I've taken some liberties here with Sulannus's brother's name and demise. Either Shayuri and/or Sparky are at total liberty to overrule any part of my addition to the story. I gladly defer to either of you - just let me know and the offending potion of this post will be wiped clean.

Last edited:

Remove ads