Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Shayuri

First Post
Just to be clear, I didn't pick the Sun Elf option because I had a deep desire to play a Forgotten Realms eladrin from Evermeet.

I just thought it sounded cool. I didn't even pause to think about the origin. A consequence of using the DDI character builder, that squishes EVERY character option from EVERY setting together with very little to separate them out.

So really, I don't want the Material plane to have to be the Realms. It can be, but I don't want it to HAVE to be. I'm happy to "refluff" the Sun Elf designation however is appropriate, or even just get rid of it entirely. It's no big.

Leif

Adventurer
Just to be clear, I didn't pick the Sun Elf option because I had a deep desire to play a Forgotten Realms eladrin from Evermeet.

I just thought it sounded cool. I didn't even pause to think about the origin. A consequence of using the DDI character builder, that squishes EVERY character option from EVERY setting together with very little to separate them out.

So really, I don't want the Material plane to have to be the Realms. It can be, but I don't want it to HAVE to be. I'm happy to "refluff" the Sun Elf designation however is appropriate, or even just get rid of it entirely. It's no big.
I agree that it sounds cool. And, I think it's even cooler for an Eladrin to be considered a Sun Elf than it is for just a regular elf.

And I get your point about not being tied to a particular setting. But really, you know, I have to ask, "Why not go ahead and use the Realms?" Doing so does no violence at all to my setting ideas which were sketchy at best and only really dealt with Planar Cosmology anyway, plus it gives us an established setting with an entire book of ripe, juicy stuff to use if we need it. So I'm all for it.

Walking Dad

First Post
I chose Sunelf because it gives some nice options, sounds nice and gives me draconic as a language instead of a skill bonus :)

Leif, I just got the feywild book. Some of the new themes are really great.

Sighe Lord would be really fitting for Shayuri's character concept and I would love to get a blinkdog pet from the Fey Beast Tamer theme.

Shayuri

First Post
Ooo...it's not out until the 15th I thought?

Tell me more about this theme for Su...Sidhe Lord? It sounds full of juice.

The Fey Beast Tamer is online, and I think it's pretty cool, though not quite what I'd want for Sulannus. :)

Lou

Explorer
Have to admit that I have not really thought about character background for this game. I only picked a sunelf feat off the list because I liked it. Now where did I put my character....

Time to read up on the Sun Elf types.

If I read this thread correctly, the characters are all (almost all?) siblings. You could always make yourself a half-sibling if you wanted, I guess? Perhaps also an adopted sibling?

Walking Dad

First Post
Sidhe Lord:

Prerequisite: Half-Elf or Fey type.

Starting Feature: Summon Sidhe Ally (daily)

5th: free lodging in areas your house is recognized (includes servants)

10th: can teleport with your summoned ally.

The summoned ally persists, is your personal guard and works much like an animal companion regarding rules. It is an eladrin warrior with an defender like interrupt (at-will).

Leif

Adventurer
I chose Sunelf because it gives some nice options, sounds nice and gives me draconic as a language instead of a skill bonus :)

Leif, I just got the feywild book. Some of the new themes are really great.

Sighe Lord would be really fitting for Shayuri's character concept and I would love to get a blinkdog pet from the Fey Beast Tamer theme.
Ahh yes, another book I must buy immediately.

Have to admit that I have not really thought about character background for this game. I only picked a sunelf feat off the list because I liked it. Now where did I put my character....

Time to read up on the Sun Elf types.

If I read this thread correctly, the characters are all (almost all?) siblings. You could always make yourself a half-sibling if you wanted, I guess? Perhaps also an adopted sibling?
Siblings, half-siblings, or adopted siblings -- at each Player's discretion. Hopefully there will not be a majority who choose to be adopted siblings, 'cause that would kinda defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?

Sidhe Lord:

Prerequisite: Half-Elf or Fey type.

Starting Feature: Summon Sidhe Ally (daily)

5th: free lodging in areas your house is recognized (includes servants)

10th: can teleport with your summoned ally.

The summoned ally persists, is your personal guard and works much like an animal companion regarding rules. It is an eladrin warrior with an defender like interrupt (at-will).
Very cool Summoning Power! How are the Ally's stats determined, and for how long does he/she remain summoned?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Ooo...it's not out until the 15th I thought?

Tell me more about this theme for Su...Sidhe Lord? It sounds full of juice.

The Fey Beast Tamer is online, and I think it's pretty cool, though not quite what I'd want for Sulannus. :)
I'm with you, Shayuri -- I tried to order it from Amazon.com and I was forced to pre-order both Heroes of the Feywild and Heroes of the Elemental Chaos. Heroes of the Feywild will be released in the US on 11/15/11 (that's TUESDAY! :D ), and Heroes of the Elemental Chaos will be released in the US on 2/21/12, according to Amazon.com.

Oops, cancelled the order for Heroes of the Elemental Chaos, because if I ordered both together they wouldn't ship until the later release date.

So, in the meantime, Walking Dad, if you could post-up some of these juicy details for us, I'm sure we'd all really appreciate the sneak peek provided by our European friend. :D Specifically, what other new "Character Themes" do we have detailed?

Last edited:

Sparky

So folks picked Sun Elf for the crunch, rather than the fluff. Works for me. :)

There seems to be a dragon-y bent in the group (or at least a couple folks picked Sun Elf for the Draconic language.

Running with that idea, what if our House (and the Houses under it) are a collection of breeders or shepherds of various fey creatures - griffons, warwing drakes, unicorns - that we supply to the military or the nobility?

I came up with this trying to figure out a thematic Noble-based justification for taking Fey Beast Tamer (which I haven't gotten details on yet, so it may not be appropriate) AND trying to get warwing drakes into a game. Ever since I read this Dragon article with warwing drakes in it, I've been nigh obsessed with having a bonded warwing in a game. Is something like that possible? /drool

Warwing drake is a level 4 flying creature (think small rideable dragon). There's a ritual in the article that lets you bond the creature and - if really successful - the creature can speak!

I'm not sure how anyone else feels about having critter sidekicks/mounts, but I've always wanted to have a game that incorporated them.

DM's call of course. I can supply you with any information that you need.

Walking Dad

First Post
Sidhe ally:
The guardian remains until slain or you use the summon power again. Like animal companions, HP is determined from the characters HP, attack from character level and damage from highest ability score. It got a basic (longsword) attack, the encounter eladrin teleport and a at-will interrupt to be the target of melee or ranged attacks vs the character.

Fey Beast Tamer got already previewed.

Tuathan is Half-Elf or Human only. It's either about Faery fortune or shapechanging into a tiny bast.

Unseelie Agent:
first feature is a summonable weapon. Pretty dark flavored.

---

I really like the new alternate reward faery gifts. I think I still have some gp worth left, so maybe I can get Mount Growth or Know the Path :)

Remove ads