Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: I'm sure there is treasure and adventure at both locations. But Raggs makes decisions based on 1) what sounds like the most wealth, followed by B) the most fame/glory, and thirdly concerns as to what's the easiest. The lost ancient (presumably abandoned) city sounds like #1 on all of those fronts to the halfling. But he's happy to do whatever the group decides. :)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Sounds t'me the good stuff's in the city? I mean...how much gold would a buncha rangers be carryin' around in the woods fightin' all the time?"

Raggs says this as he casually polishes his short sword. A second after the words leave his lips, he looks up at the present ranger and adds, "No'fense there, Simon."

Simon also knows that the raiding orc war bands have plundered much of the countryside and stolen much wealth from the people that would be the reward for any hardy souls who can wrest it from their thieving, murdering claws.

OOC: Just sayin'.... there's treasure and adventure to be had with both options, so that shouldn't be the basis of your choice.

Rangers own what they carry. They probably give most of the treasure gained to those who have survived the murdering marauding 84574rd5 to do things like rebuilding a shire , buying them livestock that was stolen, seed for crops destroyed.

So bactually, Raggs, you are quite right. they wouldn't be carrying much.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Especially since, by rule in AD&D 1E a Ranger can only own the wealth and property that he can carry on his person and one mount. Which is what you just said, but I just wanted to point out to everyone that it has the force of Gygax in 1E AD&D.

Then to the heart of the Suss forest it is.
Iono says.
Let us travel to Badwall, it is a small woodsman village on the edge of the forest. We can ask the locals for adventure opportunities.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Current Plans

So, traveling west-northwest from Highport to Badwall under the eaves of the Suss Forest with the Drachensgrab Hills on your left flank and Woolly Bay / the Sea of Gearnat on your right flank? Sounds like a fun trip. I'm sure it will be an uneventful and totally safe journey. :)

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
So, traveling west-northwest from Highport to Badwall under the eaves of the Suss Forest with the Drachensgrab Hills on your left flank and Woolly Bay / the Sea of Gearnat on your right flank? Sounds like a fun trip. I'm sure it will be an uneventful and totally safe journey. :)

ooc: Why coitenly! nyuk nyuk nyuk! *hides in seat cringing in abject fear of what is hiding in the DM's sleeves*

Remove ads