Leif's "Pomarj" Greyhawk Beta Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Mrs. Lawless will presumably also agree, so that will make it unanimous, with one change: new XP totals wil be 5,250, plus any 10% bonuses that any characters have coming.

+525 (10% for Thief)
+525 (10% for Fighter)
= 6,300
/2 = 3,150/3,150 makes Raggs 2nd level [still] Fighter/3rd level Thief.

HP Roll for new Thief level: 1d6=5 ...so that's, 2.5
Am I rounding down or up?

Leif

Adventurer
Almost right, sd...

That's not quite right sd. 5,250 total xp for a multi-classed fighter/thief is 2,625 in each class. So +10% in each class equals +262.5 or +263.

So Raggs should have 2,888 xp in each class, which still makes him a 2nd level fighter / 3rd level thief. Same ultimate answer, you just used some funky math to somehow get a couple hundred [extra] xp in each class. The thing is, you have to remember to apportion the xp between Raggs's classes first, and then advance each class independently of the other.

[I see what you did wrong now -- since you combined the totals for both classes, you should have only added 10% one time since Raggs gets the bonus in both classes. If he only got +10% in one class, then that would translate to a +5% bonus for combined xp, because he would only be getting the bonus in half his classes. The way you did it it comes out to a +20% bonus. :p]

Round UP for hit points.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
ah. oops. you're correct (of course). that's what I get for trying to do calculations before/during a first cup of coffee. I'll make the adjustment to his RG.

Leif

Adventurer
Sheesh! All of this recent stuff should have been in the OOC. Sorry, my bad for starting it here. Now back to the game in this thread.....

Iono address the others
I feel powerfull then before, I have a feeling that there is nothing in the tower for us and we should gather our gear and head along the coast town south to Pomarj or North to Hardby (part of the domain of Greyhawk).

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
<OOC: Loud long snoring and snorting comes to an abrupt choked off end. A head jerks up from the table. "Who-whuh-wher-huh?!" /OOC>

Raggs takes a toke from his long pipe. After a moment, he expels smoke rings from the side of his mouth. "Don't much matter to me. Whichever way leads to the most gold...and glory, of course." Raggs looks sidelong to Simon. "Oh, uh, and ya know, disrupting evil humanoids is good too...long as it's on the path to the gold." Raggs grins and takes another long toke.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Just a reminder -- you're already IN Pomarj, in the city of Highport on the northern coast. But everyone knows that, duh.

We can travel to the former towns of the wild coast, on the skirts on the Suss forest, avoiding entering the cursed woods or we can travel to Blue, at the tip of the peninsula. There are trails from there into the Ensgrab hills, were fortune and glory can be found like fleas in Orc's bed.
Simon? Raggs? Amaya?
What do you say?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"no on finding fleas - much less looking for them on an orcs body."
OOC: What was deturmineed about the local menace?['ooc]

Last edited:

Remove ads