• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's The Hall of the Rainbow Mage, IC (A) [D&D 3.5]

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Excellent point, Jemal! (gee, that reminds me why I don't DM high level games....)

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Whin draws his sword and proceeds to carve one of the formidable-looking wooden constructs into toothpicks. The other construct, being insensible, does not vary in its approach intending to work much mischief and mayhem upon the characters. At this point, Nilah's arcane flames lance out and severely scorch the remaining wood golem, but it still stands and still appears to have a fully hostile intent. (That enough info, Rhun, for you to take an action now? :) )

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=ooc/theroc]
Most constructs are immune to ability damage/drain, which Nilah would probably know. I mention this in case the str/con damage is a limited-use resource.. or does it just always go off on every hit?

Also don't forget that Eldritch blasts are subject to SR with the exception of Vitriolic blast.
[/sblock]

OOC:
I'm aware that it usually does not work, and so does Nilah, but aside from basic attacks from a rapier, Nilah is currently useless against Golems... so... it was worth a shot. And the rod of withering ALWAYS deals damage as those two drains and is a touch attack always... that's why I liked it.

Leif

Adventurer
The construct's "face" remains stoically impassive and unaware, even as Nilah's flames course around it's exceedingly dry wooden body, which begins to burn on its own as well.

Rhun

First Post
Vaidun simple steps back, completely confident in Whin's ability to take out the remaining construct. Now the wizard knew why he would never use a wooden golem...an opponent's blade would chop them to flinders.

Leif

Adventurer
The remaining wood golem reaches out and strikes Nilah for 9hp of damage with a rough hewn hand that leaves several splinters behind in his flesh.

[next round, please?]

Theroc

First Post
Nilah winced slightly as he was struck, making sure to break contact ASAP, as catching fire was NOT on his list of priorities for the day, he then draws his rapier, stepping once more so that if the golem faced him, it's back would be turned to Whin as he grinned, taking a swing with the bladed weapon, empowering it once more with his Eldritch might.

[sblock=OOC stuff]
AC: 23(15 touch, 18 Flatfooted), HP: 61, DR: 2/Cold Iron

Another 5' Step to place Nilah diagonal from Whin, the Golem between the two.

Hideous Blow attack with rapier on Golem
1d20+13=26, 1d6+1=6, 8d6=27
Attack: 26(No threat)
Rapier Damage: 6
Fire Damage from Eldritch Blast: 27
(Just realized I forgot the flanking bonus, so the attack should actually be 28, not 26) [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Nilah's next attack, along with the continuing damage of the flames from his last attack, render the remaining Wood Golem a charred, inert lump of driftwood.

*Combat has ended!*

kinem

Adventurer
"Well done, guys." In more ways than one ...

Sam's sensitive nose isn't partial to overcooked golem, so he waits for the fire to die out.

He'll then head back into the golem room and take a careful look around.

ooc: spot 16, listen 14, search +16 (take 20 for 36)

Leif

Adventurer
Londar's Office

The so-called 'golem-room' is actually Londar's office. High niches along the walls hold a variety of delicate crystal vases and statues that are all lit from behind with magical lights. The crystal of the vases splits the light into a rainbow of colors that spills across the ceiling. All who see the lights, make a will save (DC 18).

More after this is resolved.

Remove ads