Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Reprise, [Pfdr] [OOC 03]

Leif

Adventurer
Quoting from the IC:

I put that quote in earlier to point out that we had already found some spell books in the hidden library. As for the treasure, from the description we got, just the gold and jewels add up to 75,000 gp. That's not including any of the art pieces or magic items.

I would like to change my answer

So just what are you proposing to do, Kerlan? I was talking about just assuming a flat 15,000 gp per wizard, with no marshalling of assets or selling anything required, plus all magic items and spell books of course. If you wish to hold out for the greater value, I'm going to make you RP everything, including the sale of all gems and jewelry, and you're going to be limited in what you get for them to the amount of money that people in the three towns in the module actually have and are willing to spend. I'm thinking that you're going to wind up with a lot of gems and jewelry that you can't convert into cash, but, on the other hand, you will doubtless all wind up owning significant amounts of land, in addition to the abandoned keep that you already de facto possess, and for which you just need to pay some back taxes to get a shiny new official and legally unassailable deed.

But, in the interests of generosity, I'm willing to increase my offer to 21,750 gp per wizard, there only being the three of you left, Tylara, Kerlan, and Capizzio.

Also, presuming that you do return to Whirtlestaffs Wizards' Academy to locate buyers for the goods, magical and otherwise (which to me makes great sense, and is sort of a "Duh!" moment), there will be other opportunities made available to you, which are sure to amaze and astound. Also, it is worth noting that, at Whirtlestaffs you will have access to every spell in the book and any magic items in the book will be available for purchase, subject to reasonable limits on quantity and GM discretion.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Not exactly. 21,750 gp each, AFTER all gems, jewelry, etc. have been sold off. Now there will still be certain items in the possession of the group to be sold, namely all magic items found that are not taken by a PC, and the spellbooks formerly belonging to Larin Karr, rest his black-as-night, puny little soul. Per the rules, half book price can be received for magic items to be sold at Whirtlesttaffs. The disposition of Larin Karr's spellbooks is going to need to be RPed.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Suggestion to fellow players: perhaps use the spell books in lieu of gold for training at the academy. There would be no better place to turn over the books. Even though they have, as you mentioned above, They have every spell in the books, but I am sure they would be the most likely to give the greatest trade value for them.

Leif

Adventurer
Whirtlestaffs Wizards Academy -- aftermath of The Vault of Larin Karr

More than that, you wizards have personal knowledge that the Library of Whirtlestaffs prides itself on the acquisition of as many spellbooks as possible, and the higher the level of the owner the better. I'll wait to say more about the deal until we get to the RP of the it.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am ready for a new adventure, but I would like at least another character, preferably 2 - one of which who is able to do something for a front line fighter. If we can make a second character each, I have an idea for a second character.

Leif

Adventurer
How about we discuss the details of that after we get this other stuff settled, but I'd be willing to let you each add a henchman of probably 5th level (after the wizards level-up, of course). After the dust settles from all these changes, I'll open a new RG thread. When levelling-up and stuff, you should all start a new post in the current RG thread so that the previous incarnations of the characters are preserved. (One henchman each is my first inclination.)

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
I'm not sure it's that simple. If we just stick to a flat GP value for each character, then it makes it harder to split up the magic items between us. We might not all get an equal share.
Before, we calculated the sale value of the magic items, then everyone picked the items they wanted and we used the gold to even out the shares. So the more magic items you got the less gold you got.

Leif

Adventurer
There's nothing stopping you from doing likewise here. I just told you how much, per character, each share of gold was, which information can easily be used to calculate the total value of all moetary treasure recovered. If you want to pool all three shares into one pot o' gold and then create some arcane formula to divide it that is keyed to the relative power of magic received, I see no reason why you shouldn't do that. But who said the shares had to be equal?? Some things are worth more to one character and the things worth less to him may well be worth more to another. But I'm talking about personal, roleplayed character preferences, not mathematical computations based on values given in the PH. Last time I checked, the PCs did not have a PH among them. PLAYERS do, CHARACTERS do not.

Last edited:

Remove ads