Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Reprise, [Pfdr] [OOC 03]

Scotley

Hero
We got a pretty huge haul. I don't think Tylara would quibble too much if the shares of items don't work out perfectly. If you want to use the cash to balance them out I'm good with that. I like the idea of giving the spell books to Whirtlestaffs in lieu of tuition, but only after we copy some things into our own books. If we are to hire some hench-persons, then some of the lesser items that are more martial might be of use for them.

Leif

Adventurer
And the offer of a 'free' magic item could increase the applications you receive by several hundred percent, too!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
From the IC thread:

OOC: Yeah, leaving the Underdark puts you in Quail Valley, by default. I actually meant where in Quail Valley? Pembrose? Bostwick? Whirtlestaffs? Twain, presumably to visit Magus Crus? The Abadoned (ex- hobgoblin) Keep to which the party now holds the Deed? Elsewhere?

You might want to think about investing some of your treasure toward recruiting a crew to improve the road to your keep, which would increase traffic to it, possibly leading to settlers, more population, maybe businesses, a growing tax base for the Lords of the Keep (The Party), etc. You might really want to think about NAMING the keep, too.

Sorry, I'm falling back to my original plan for this to be a LONG-TERM game, but it absolutely doesn't have to be one.

FYI: The D&D Next (5E) DMG appears once again to have the resources to support character strongholds and so forth, like 1E. Not sure if 2E or 3.XE did or not. I don't think I remember seeing that in 4E.

When we decide which way we'll go with the game, I'll open a new (5th) IC thread, and be sure that it's back in the correct Forum!

First Question: Are we planning on moving this to a 5e game? If so, I am out.

for the other players, we need to consider the rest of our post here. I am guessing every one is busy in some way or another. I will wait to hear from them more before continuing.

Right now I am trying to watch something on Hulu but Hulu is being useless. It lags, then stops, then restarts. sometime I get a whopping 1 minute of show time and others a few seconds. It is requiring some much time just to watch it it is getting really frustrating! ! ! I try to re set to my last watch point but it then goes through a set of commercials - lags again - stops again requiring it to be reloaded AGAIN only to put me through another set of commercials! ! !

in the typing of this, I have had to reload 4 times, and had to listen to about 20 commercials.

I am spitting curses!

Leif

Adventurer
This is just an idea for now. I need to hear from the others.

Obviously, no magic would be given until someone was hired. But if you, say, advertised that, "The successful candidate will be permitted the use of a sword of an enchanted nature, even though the weapon shall at all times belong to the hiring Wizard," then that could increase the interest in the position substantially, leading to higher quality applicants, and more of them.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Answering questions...

From the IC thread:

First Question: Are we planning on moving this to a 5e game? If so, I am out.
No! This game has already changed systems once. It will remain Pathfinder until Mephistopheles breaks an ankle ice-skating. The only system change that I would ever even remotely entertain would be a reversion to D&D 3.5E, and that don't seem too bloody likely, does it?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Additional Explanation

I was contemplating starting a DIFFERENT 5E game, but decided not to do so at this time, because I need to read the rules MUCH more. So far, I've just been reading the 'fluff' pieces in the DMG about campaign creation, tavelling to other planes, and so forth. I've got to master char. gen., any rule changes to combat, rule changes to healing and HP recovery, and at least glance at the spell selections before I'll even be willing to consider starting an actual 5E game.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Which book is the information on the tax Levey on surrounding area? I wonder if we can homebrew that in here? I have a 5e pdf or 2 somewhere.

Last edited:

Remove ads