Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Reprise, [Pfdr] [OOC 03]

Leif

Adventurer
Re-Posting my comment. (Since I accidentally hit "," instead of "m" at the end of "seem")

Yeah, we can, if that's what everybody wants. It's the first time that you've returned to the Academy since the game began, though, so that does seem like a bit of a waste.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
My only concern about staying is that they really don't have the resources for us to make use of our "phat lewt", so to speak. I'm sure we plan on crafting, scribing, selling and buying. I don't think going back has to be role played, but I'm not sure if what we want to do can be done any other place.

When we return, we can do things like fix up the old keep, investigate the dragon, etc.

Leif

Adventurer
Returning to your Alma Mater

What I can do, I guess, is make an extensively descriptive expository post about your return to the Academy. That way, I can try to capture the right degree of awe and mystery that I am hoping for, and we won't have to spend as much time with it as if we RPed it.

And, if you have the cash, you'll need to pay at least half up front, you can have the keep rehabilitated at the same time, so when you return from the Academy, you can move straight in. You're going to need maybe a thousand or two extra gp to hire an adequate staff and make sure their wages for a few months are covered, including a 'castellan' type to act as CEO in your absence.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
That depends on how much refurbishing and killer-attack castle you want. You can do a fort apache version with wooden pallisades, earthen mounds, and ditches for a few thousand. You can do it "Neuschwanstein" [look it up] style for 12,000 - 15,000 gp. (Gold chamber pots would be a LOT more than 15,000 gp.)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure

Leif

Adventurer
Thanks, DeWar, for that visual aid. Neuschwanstein, which translates as "New Swan Stone" is the castle in Germany (Bavaria, to be precise) that was the inspiration for Cinderella's castle at Disney World. Pretty, ain't it?

Last edited:

Remove ads