Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Reprise, [Pfdr] [OOC 03]

Leif

Adventurer
Based on that beautiful graphic depiction of Neuschwanstein, I have to say that any similar treatment for the abandoned keep that the wizards are hopefully going to establish as their base would cost considerably more than 12-15,000 gp, based mostly upon the interior pix of the castle. Serviceable and secure you can do for 12-15,000 gp. Opulent, positively decadent, slap-yo-momma rich will be more on the order of 30-35,000 gp. And, of course, that's only the construction cost, not upkeep, maintenance, cleaning, repainting, repairs, etc., to say nothing of the cost to feed the crew required to run the place.

Scotley

Hero
Um, Tylara ain't no Disney princess. I don't think we would find such opulence to our benefit. I think something defensible with a nice library and wizardly laboratory and a modest staff.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Um, Tylara ain't no Disney princess. I don't think we would find such opulence to our benefit. I think something defensible with a nice library and wizardly laboratory and a modest staff.

this sounds appropriate plus dorms for the martial defenders. storage for food and weapons and oil and such.

Leif

Adventurer
Shoot! I was hoping to write the epic: "Sleeping Tylara."

Yeah, barracks and larders are going to be covered. And artisan shops for things like armorers, weapon smiths, carpenters, masons, basic blacksmiths... Essentially everything needed to make the place a self-sufficient town-in-a-box unto itself. And the peasant farmers and goat wranglers will live in the surrounding countryside.

But, yeah, I got it -- less gold candelabra and plush cushions, and more books, scrolls, work tables, study carrels, lantersn, oil, parchment, and quill pens. Not a problem. Squelch the opulence, maximize the mission-oriented basics.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Lanterns and flammable books aren't a good combo. We have the magical oomph to make safer magical lighting throughout. But yes, I think you have it. Have we lost our third wizard?

Leif

Adventurer
That's the only "yo" we need, right? Scotley just posted, and Kerlan posted recently. No one ese is left, eh? (prove me wrong, prove me wrong, prove me wrong....)

Remove ads