• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leonid Meteor Shower

Baron Von StarBlade

I'm sure there are some other Astromony buffs here but tomorrow morning is gonna be pretty sweet. The Leonid Meteor Shower is happening at 5:30 EST for US Residents. There is supposedly another one for the European enworlders. If you don't sleep *cough* Mark *cough* then do yourself a favor and go watch some fricking meteors blowing up.

So check out these links for more info.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2002/14nov_leonidtips.htm

http://spaceweather.com/

physicscarp

Explorer
I'll be watching!! This is the last year of peak activity for a LOOONNNGGGGGGGGG time. And I mean long in an astronomical sense, so don't expect to see it for a while. Get your sorry gamer butts up and go watch. Peak for Ohio is between 5-6 am. That isn't that early!!!

Once in a lifetime chance!! Don't miss it!

green slime

First Post
It was supposed to peak here between 4am and 6 am...

But I saw a most magnificent bright red shower while driving home on the motorway at 01:30 am. And those that were awake in the morning saw nothing due to clouds... So i got lucky! Even if I nearly drove off the motorway...

Last edited:

Impeesa

Explorer
Complete cloud cover. Just like most of the other once-in-a-lifetime showers that happened to group together over the last few years... :(

--Impeesa--

Lurks-no-More

First Post
Complete cloud cover. Just like most of the other once-in-a-lifetime showers that happened to group together over the last few years...

As above, except we also have a nice breezy blizzard weather...(15 cm of snow over the last 24 hours).

Baron Von StarBlade

I was worried about cloud cover as well in the Chicago area, since it was raining til about 2am. However when I got up at 4am there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Guess I got lucky.

Remove ads